UK far right trouble July/August 24

Not a lot more. Jailing people for nonsense like this and for posting things on facebook just isn't right. We are going down the slippery slope of a police state.
We clearly aren’t. People have always been made an example of when certain crimes are “in fashion”. Tough shit on the perpetrators.

Not a lot more. Jailing people for nonsense like this and for posting things on facebook just isn't right. We are going down the slippery slope of a police state.
It always amazes me that successive governments and the police and court systems have blamed everything on resources and yet for this issue every single resource is available.

Have they said yet that they couldn't find one of the rioters despite CCTV evidence because isn't that how burglaries are treated nowadays?

If only they could find this sudden laser justice and deterrent for the people who carry knifes, drug dealers, gangs etc.

Jailing people for shouting at a police dog now!
“A father of three who shouted at a police dog and used racist slurs has received a lengthy prison sentence for violent disorder.

Bradley McCarthy was jailed for 20 months on Tuesday, after he was caught on video "threatening" left-wing protestors at an anti-immigration rally in Bristol.”

The first paragraphs of the BBC story. You’ve just read the headline haven’t you?

Jailing people for shouting at a police dog now!
this is the trend tho. social media is barely regulated - the tweets i get on a regular basis are evidence of that. we've turned away from regulation of corporates and so on, and instead place the burden for protecting the public from itself back on individuals, in the form of "swift" justice designed to send a message and dissuade further outburst of widespread and very damaging disorder.

I don't really like it. but honestly people do have a great responsibility to behave civily. As cynical as I am about the lack of organised regulation on Twitter/Facebook etc, the argument that it places temptation in people's way to act destructively, threateningly and violently comes back on itself - life will never be free of those temptations and it is normal that we say it's up to individuals to manage themselves.

“A father of three who shouted at a police dog and used racist slurs has received a lengthy prison sentence for violent disorder.

Bradley McCarthy was jailed for 20 months on Tuesday, after he was caught on video "threatening" left-wing protestors at an anti-immigration rally in Bristol.”

The first paragraphs of the BBC story. You’ve just read the headline haven’t you?
Not much for 20mths tho. Good job he didn't post on face book aswell, he could have gotten 10 years.

It always amazes me that successive governments and the police and court systems have blamed everything on resources and yet for this issue every single resource is available.

Have they said yet that they couldn't find one of the rioters despite CCTV evidence because isn't that how burglaries are treated nowadays?

If only they could find this sudden laser justice and deterrent for the people who carry knifes, drug dealers, gangs etc.
Two tier policing and justice system.

Not much for 20mths tho. Good job he didn't post on face book aswell, he could have gotten 10 years.
Precedent is now set though and it should cool rhetoric on social media in this country. People know if they post inciting and racist posts that there is a consequence now.

It won’t always be policed as harshly, but it’s nipped this unrest in the bud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.