UK far right trouble July/August 24

Oh dear, got to your GB news accusation and didn't go any further. You're now on ignore. Perhaps you should read all my posts on this subject before you resort to silly stereotyping and insults.
The below is paragraphs 5-8 of the BBC News story.

He didn’t just shout at police horses.

He was racist.
He was a ringleader for trouble (of which we’d seen a fair bit at the time)
He has history of offences.

“McCarthy, 34, had joined an anti-immigration march in Bristol which clashed with counter-protesters and police in Castle Park and on Bristol Bridge on 3 August.

Bristol Crown Court heard he played a "prominent" role in trying to goad police, and had "aggressively" shouted at a police dog.

"You did all this in a tinderbox atmosphere where it only takes the actions of one person to spark very serious group violence," Judge Julian Lambert said.

McCarthy admitted violent disorder at a previous hearing. He has convictions for violence, weapons offences and public order.”

Of course it’s being leant on, have you missed what has been happening out there? Without this kind of response then this would be going on every weekend.

Sometimes you have to use everything you have to ensure safety of the country, and that’s what they did.
I've absolutely no problem with jail terms of 2, 3 or 4 years for the rioters. People who torch buildings assault emergency workers etc.

I just feel we shouldn't be jailing people for years for holding placards, posting on face book ans shouting racial insults at others and at dogs. A couple of mths at most, is proportionate or heavy fines ans suspended sentances.

Basically an admission of guilt. I've never had to post anything like that on any of my social media accounts, and neither has anyone else who hasn't been stirring up racial hatred. It's like someone saying "It's okay, I'm not a paedophile." Well I didn't think you were until you said that.

Its like being pulled over speeding and saying to the copper "my speedo is broken so I never have any idea what speed I am doing I do not intentionally and knowledgeably speed and if there is any harm to any person or their property then that does not mean you have the right to arrest me" - I doubt thats a sound defence - anywhere

I've absolutely no problem with jail terms of 2, 3 or 4 years for the rioters. People who torch buildings assault emergency workers etc.

I just feel we shouldn't be jailing people for years for holding placards, posting on face book ans shouting racial insults at others and at dogs. A couple of mths at most, is proportionate or heavy fines ans suspended sentances.
Given Labour haven’t changed any laws, all these racist inciters have been convicted using the Tory party anti protesting bill of last year.

All Starmer did was fast track the court hearings.

Letting the population know that their are consequences for posting racist and inciting rhetoric on social media now has consequences can only be a good thing in the long run.

Free speech doesn’t mean it doesn’t have consequences. FAFO.

It’s totally toned down the rhetoric online.

Last edited:
The below is paragraphs 5-8 of the BBC News story.

He didn’t just shout at police horses.

He was racist.
He was a ringleader for trouble (of which we’d seen a fair bit at the time)
He has history of offences.

“McCarthy, 34, had joined an anti-immigration march in Bristol which clashed with counter-protesters and police in Castle Park and on Bristol Bridge on 3 August.

Bristol Crown Court heard he played a "prominent" role in trying to goad police, and had "aggressively" shouted at a police dog.

"You did all this in a tinderbox atmosphere where it only takes the actions of one person to spark very serious group violence," Judge Julian Lambert said.

McCarthy admitted violent disorder at a previous hearing. He has convictions for violence, weapons offences and public order.”
So you now get sentanced for your previous crimes? I

My point still stands all those accusations of goading and being a ringleader etc should not ammount to a sentance twice the length of someone who commits a serious assault and commits actual bodily harm on another.

So you now get sentanced for your previous crimes? I

My point still stands all those accusations of goading and being a ringleader etc should not ammount to a sentance twice the length of someone who commits a serious assault and commits actual bodily harm on another.
They’re not in the same situation though. If both crimes were committed in identical circumstances, you would have more of a point.

Anjem Choudary has just got life for incitement. It is an extremely serious crime.

Given Labour haven’t changed any laws, all these racist inciters have been convicted using the Tory party anti protesting bill of last year.

All Starmer did was fast track the court hearings.

Letting the population know that their are consequences for posting racist and inciting rhetoric on social media now has consequences can only be a good thing in the long run.

Free speech doesn’t mean it doesn’t have consequences. FAFO.

It’s totally toned down the rhetoric online.
I get the deterrent bit but no matter what you say i firmly believe jailing people for years for posting stuff on Facebook or holding offensive placards which have no proven link to any actual crime is ridiculous. A much lesser sentence of a couple of weeks would still do the trick. I've worked in a couple of prisons they arnt nice places.

Last edited:
I get the deterrent bit but no matter what you say i firmly believe jailing people for years for posting stuff on Facebook or holding offensive placards which have no proven link to any actual crime is ridiculous. A much lesser sentence of a a couple of weeks would still do the trick. I've worked in a couple of prisons they arnt nice places.
The national unrest aspect cannot be overlooked in this though. That’s why they’ve got harsher sentences. People have actively tried to burn hotels and mosques down due to misinformation and incitement online.

That’s serious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.