UK steel industry

The whole green fiasco is pointless until the rest of the world joins in. I'm sick of paying thorugh the nose for all the "green" policies, rip off air zones, anti-polluting "road tax" etc etc. We actually share the air with countries like China and India and if the UK stopped producing CO2 tomorrow it won't take long at all until the CO2 we 'saved' is replaced by additional CO2 from other countries. The UK is NOT a "world leader" , we're a small country mugging it's population....
- "road tax" doesn't exist. Roads are maintained out of general taxation and VED is levied based on vehicle emissions.
- I agree the implementation of clean air zones is wrong but the concept is sound, it's about improving LOCAL air quality, not climate change.

Suggest you have a listen to this. It's an inspired speech, and really quite thought provoking. (And it answers your question.)

I've seen it before and wouldn't consider it to be remotely "inspired". We spend time in Thailand in the Winter and we have said for years "how can the locals be persuaded to doing things better especially when it comes to vehicle/bike emissions?" It's a tough call, but change has to start somewhere and even in Thailand there is now a move towards EVs approaching 20% of new car sales. We say other nations are not changing, well EVs make up 37% of new cars in China against 24% here and in Europe and less than 10% in USA. So I guess we can decide it's all too much hassle or accept that change is inevitable and try to influence how it happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.