UK steel industry

For the umpteenth time, I said the most we could reduce global CO2 output by was 2%. Which would make fuck all difference to climate change.

How hard is this to grasp FFS.

It's like debating with a cat on here at times.
It's not hard to grasp. More name calling I see. So, bearing in mind that the US and China are the biggest contributors, until they do something, you don't think the other 195 countries need to bother. A typical inward looking attitude. If you don't think 2% is much and worth doing, why, for example, do airlines and engine manufacturers invest so much in reducing emissions, which, contribute just over 2% (the same as the UK)?-because they take the Tesco tag line seriously, Every Little Helps.

It's not hard to grasp. More name calling I see. So, bearing in mind that the US and China are the biggest contributors, until they do something, you don't think the other 195 countries need to bother. A typical inward looking attitude. If you don't think 2% is much and worth doing, why, for example, do airlines and engine manufacturers invest so much in reducing emissions, which, contribute just over 2% (the same as the UK)?-because they take the Tesco tag line seriously, Every Little Helps.
Not when it impoverishes UK citizens, some of whom in dire need.

For example the entire WFA debacle could have been completely avoided had we not been so pig-headed about a net zero target which if achieved, would make bugger-all difference to climate change (and which in any event, it isn't remotely achievable.)

And as for the name-calling, what do you expect? I'm reasonably intelligent bloke (1st in Physics from Imperial College) and a nice guy too, according to my mates. And yet all I get on here is abuse, from people who are downright insulting. Is it any suprise I sometimes snap? What's good for the goose etc.

For example the entire WFA debacle could have been completely avoided had we not been so pig-headed about a net zero target which if achieved, would make bugger-all difference to climate change (and which in any event, it isn't remotely achievable.)

And as for the name-calling, what do you expect? I'm reasonably intelligent bloke (1st in Physics from Imperial College) and a nice guy too, according to my mates. And yet all I get on here is abuse, from people who are downright insulting. Is it any suprise I sometimes snap? What's good for the goose etc.
I don’t mind you calling me nasty names, mate. x

And so the inward looking attitude continues. It was that attitude that has cost the economy 4% a year for the last few years. That would have been a way to ensure the UK is better off, but unfortunately 52% believed the bollocks they were being told-I note you have said in the past you don't mind Farage and Trump so I would take it you're happy with the self inflicted restriction on the size of the economy. So let's not divert the debate by blaming a £2bn WFA debacle( and it is) on making the country, and hopefully, eventually, the world a better place to live. Just for context, the last 2% cut in NI that Jeremy Hunt has since admitted was unaffordable, cost £10bn, so that in itself was worth 5 years worth of WFA.

If you're that intelligent, do what most sensible people do-construct your response, walk away, read it again and again, and then press send! It's not hard. You never know, doing that may avoid mentioning your mate Spacey and you "snapping". For the record, I don't believe I have ever called you a name. I'll go back and have a Gander!!

Edit: I had a gander and look what I found quite quickly:

"You insulting, ignorant twat"-----but it wasn't little 1x A level me, it was our favourite, intelligent, Physics graduate. Funnily enough that was in a debate about, wait for it, edukayshun!!

Oh, by the way, remind me why so many are in "dire" need? Did that happen in the last 112 days or the previous 5110+?

Last edited:
And so the inward looking attitude continues. It was that attitude that has cost the economy 4% a year for the last few years. That would have been a way to ensure the UK is better off, but unfortunately 52% believed the bollocks they were being told-I note you have said in the past you don't mind Farage and Trump so I would take it you're happy with the self inflicted restriction on the size of the economy. So let's not divert the debate by blaming a £2bn WFA debacle( and it is) on making the country, and hopefully, eventually, the world a better place to live.

If you're that intelligent, do what most sensible people do-construct your response, walk away, read it again and again, and then press send! It's not hard. You never know, doing that may avoid mentioning your mate Spacey and you "snapping". For the record, I don't believe I have ever called you a name. I'll go back and have a Gander!!

Edit: I had a gander and look what I found quite quickly:

"You insulting, ignorant twat"-----but it wasn't little 1x A level me, it was our favourite, intelligent, Physics graduate. Funnily enough that was in a debate about, wait for it, edukayshun!!

Oh, by the way, remind me why so many are in "dire" need? Did that happen in the last 112 days or the previous 5110+?
Wasting your time. He calls bananas spades.

Or is it spades bananas?

Not sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.