UK steel industry

I've seen it before and wouldn't consider it to be remotely "inspired". We spend time in Thailand in the Winter and we have said for years "how can the locals be persuaded to doing things better especially when it comes to vehicle/bike emissions?" It's a tough call, but change has to start somewhere and even in Thailand there is now a move towards EVs approaching 20% of new car sales. We say other nations are not changing, well EVs make up 37% of new cars in China against 24% here and in Europe and less than 10% in USA. So I guess we can decide it's all too much hassle or accept that change is inevitable and try to influence how it happens.

I wouldn't bother arguing with a guy who thinks a 2% difference in climate change means a 0% impact on climate change. The guy isn't very clever.

I've seen it before and wouldn't consider it to be remotely "inspired". We spend time in Thailand in the Winter and we have said for years "how can the locals be persuaded to doing things better especially when it comes to vehicle/bike emissions?" It's a tough call, but change has to start somewhere and even in Thailand there is now a move towards EVs approaching 20% of new car sales. We say other nations are not changing, well EVs make up 37% of new cars in China against 24% here and in Europe and less than 10% in USA. So I guess we can decide it's all too much hassle or accept that change is inevitable and try to influence how it happens.
My daughter is in Hanoi at the moment and we were asking about traffic pollution, she said she was surprised how many electric cars they saw there.

Last edited:
Funny how those thickos at Oxford University were inspired by the talk. The lefties on here must be even more clever than them. Amazing.
I've seen a similar presentation made to the same "thickos" where they gave Rees-Mogg a resounding cheer and applause over his Brexit views. It's not about "lefties" being clever or not but if me and my Mrs have been having a similar conversation over the last few years, I would suggest it's not that original.

I think you maybe need a bit of time away again as resorting to easy name calling doesn't really become you.

My daughter is in Hanoi at the moment and we asking sbout traffic pollution, she said she was surprised how many electric cars they saw there.
I'm in Saigon and the nearest shopping mall to my house has a charging point for every motorbike parking space. It's Vinfast (awful name) who are a newish car company. Most of the electric cars and bikes are actually taxis owned by Vinfast themselves because the range on the bikes is a bit shit. But they do it like a subscription service. You buy the motorbike and then rent the batteries, so when the battery is running out, you can switch it for free in any of the centres.

Having said all that, the main reason why electric cars are being pushed in these countries is because they're the ones having to live with the health effects of the awful pollution. It's not like the UK, where the threat is some kind of distant, abstract problem for lots of people. Hanoi was in the top five most polluted cities in Asia a while back. Saigon isn't too bad by comparison, but you still get bad days.

Having said all that, I still ride a petrol bike because the range of the electric ones is still a bit shit and the price isn't worth it yet. I had a friend who had an electric one and she said it would get her to work and back, but as soon as someone suggested doing something after work, she'd have to work out whether she'd have enough range to get home afterwards.

I wouldn't bother arguing with a guy who thinks a 2% difference in climate change means a 0% impact on climate change. The guy isn't very clever.
For the umpteenth time, I said the most we could reduce global CO2 output by was 2%. Which would make fuck all difference to climate change.

How hard is this to grasp FFS.

It's like debating with a cat on here at times.

For the umpteenth time, I said the most we could reduce global CO2 output by was 2%. Which would make fuck all difference to climate change.

How hard is this to grasp FFS.

It's like debating with a cat on here at times.
You still don't get it do you. Also you never said that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.