UK steel industry

Wasting your time. He calls bananas spades.

Or is it spades bananas?

Not sure.
I know. But in today's world people take some of this stuff without knowing or bothering how to challenge it. The level of radicalisation is staggering from someone who is apparently well educated. I have voted in all manner of ways over the years, but now realise that, despite being relatively lucky, I have absolutely nothing in common with the Tories. And I'm sure it's a trait of mine, but I can't understand why the average person in the street would believe that the likes of Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Truss, Jenrick or Badenock actually have their best interests at heart.

I know. But in today's world people take some of this stuff without knowing or bothering how to challenge it. The level of radicalisation is staggering from someone who is apparently well educated. I have voted in all manner of ways over the years, but now realise that, despite being relatively lucky, I have absolutely nothing in common with the Tories. And I'm sure it's a trait of mine, but I can't understand why the average person in the street would believe that the likes of Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Truss, Jenrick or Badenock actually have their best interests at heart.
Aren’t the majority of Hampshire seats still blue?

Aren’t the majority of Hampshire seats still blue?
I'm not sure about Hampshire. We moved to Wiltshire and I couldn't be arsed to change my username. But our MP is Danny Kruger-look him up. He makes Jenrick and Badenock look like Jeremy Corbyn. Despite us being 2 hours west of London, his property must be really cold as he managed to have the highest utility bill claim for any MP last year including those in Scotland. He's also against gay marriage and abortion. As a bloke he actually said he didn't agree that ''women have an absolute right to bodily autonomy" -I guess you get the picture?

I went to a public meeting in the Town Hall a couple of years ago, and because I was a "newcomer" he actually asked me if was going to be a troublemaker. It depends on your answers was my reply.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about Hampshire. We moved to Wiltshire and I couldn't be arsed to change my username. But our MP is Danny Kruger-look him up. He makes Jenrick and Badenock look like Jeremy Corbyn. Despite us being 2 hours west of London, his property must be really cold as he managed to have the highest utility bill claim for any MP last year including those in Scotland. He's also against gay marriage and abortion. As a bloke he actually said he didn't agree that ''women have an absolute right to bodily autonomy" -I guess you get the picture?

I went to a public meeting in the Town Hall a couple of years ago, and because I was a "newcomer" he actually asked me if was going to be a troublemaker. It depends on your answers was my reply.
He’s Prue Leith’s son, so I guess replicating all those showstopper bakes will run up his utility bill.

For the umpteenth time, I said the most we could reduce global CO2 output by was 2%. Which would make fuck all difference to climate change.

How hard is this to grasp FFS.

It's like debating with a cat on here at times.
It would mean fuck all but there are still arguments to be made with respect to technological solutions. The third world will soon be responsible for the majority of emissions but they're the least able to enact technological solutions so we need to play our part to help and share that help.

A good example is nuclear fusion, the UK is participating in nuclear fusion research at great cost but why are we bothering when if we implemented fusion tomorrow we only remove 2% of the problem? Why don't we just continue as we are now, keep our money, stick up a few more wind turbines and call it a day? Obviously we have a part to play globally.

I still believe personally that climate change is too far gone and it's just a byproduct of human existence and population growth. I think it makes more sense to mitigate climate change here, for example by improving flood defences as beyond technological research there is very little else we can do unless we go radical where the cure would be worse than the disease.

I'm more concerned about the immediate local effects of human impact than the greater global effects of climate change. Nobody can account for example for the ecosystem changes that will occur when the UK insect population is virtually gone in 50 years. We might invent nuclear fusion, great, but what will we do when the bee population is gone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.