Ukraine v England | Euro 2020 Quarter Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surely our tit of a manager will try and shoehorn Sancho into the side. I assume he is just waiting for Neville's call to tell him what team to pick.

I think the tactic he chose last night will work against teams who are 'better' than us.
I disagree, for one thing Germany were definitely not "better", once the threat from the wing backs was nullified they had no tactic except trying to get Werner in on goal - happened once - or wait for an error. Facing Italy or Belgium with a similar system would be considerably more difficult defensively. In a final I think Southgate would be better off believing in the ability of the attacking midfielders to win the game, whether he would or not is another matter.

I disagree, for one thing Germany were definitely not "better", once the threat from the wing backs was nullified they had no tactic except trying to get Werner in on goal - happened once - or wait for an error. Facing Italy or Belgium with a similar system would be considerably more difficult defensively. In a final I think Southgate would be better off believing in the ability of the attacking midfielders to win the game, whether he would or not is another matter.
Germany badly missed Gundogan in their midfield.

We’ll struggle against anyone with a better, more cohesive midfield.

England are sound at the back and have great forward options. We are bereft in midfield though.

Predicted line-up:

_______________Pickford
_____Walker_____Stones_____Maguire
Trippier__Henderson___Phillips_____Shaw
______Sterling_____Kane____Grealish

I would play:

_______________Pickford
Walker_____Stones_____Maguire_____Shaw
_________Bellingham____Phillips
________________Grealish
______Sterling_____Kane______Foden

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.