Ukraine v England | Euro 2020 Quarter Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this could be the game it all comes unstuck for southgate because the need to be on the front foot
5.4.1 will put back in the locker and maybe more attacking midfield in jack grealish and sancho starting

ukraine will be happy for taking it all the way to pens and they will park the bus
southgate must play a attacking 4.4.2 and try and keep the ball and pass it around

It will be interesting to see how Southgate approaches this game. I think he deserved a lot of credit for the Germany performance and it's really opened up the draw for us. Make no mistake, we are be favourites to get to the final in our side.

I think the tactic he chose last night will work against teams who are 'better' than us. I would probably play that team if we get to the final. Whilst we survived a couple of scares, we looked very solid throughout.

I think our biggest danger is that we pick a conservative side to play Ukraine and either Denmark/Czech's play. If any of our opponents pack the defence, we're going to find it hard to score against them. I can see games going to penalties if we're not careful. However, we have the attacking talents to cause teams problems. If I was the other teams now, I'd be setting up with a back 5.

I don't expect us to make too many changes, but we have to go on the front foot a little more. I wouldn't make any changes to the defence and Rice/Phillips have done well although cards may force Southgate's hand. I'd like to see Grealish, Sterling and Saka/Foden start. I don't see these as "luxury" players they all put a shift in. I just think we will spend a lot of time camped outside their box looking for the killer pass.

I think we will win, but Ukraine and the next team I see as banana skins more than anything. I would imagine all 3 teams would be happy with penalties against us if you offered it now.

-------------------------------Pickford
Walker----------Stones----------Maguire----------Shaw
-----------------------------Henderson
---------------------Mount-----------Grealish
Sterling---------------------Kane-----------------------Foden
Optimistic that. Will look something more like:

----------------------------Pickford
Trippier-----Walker------Stones------Maguire------Shaw
--------------------Phillips---------Henderson

---------------------------- No one

I do wonder who some of us will back if we get to the final against mancini lol

That Phillip's, good player but a red card waiting to happen.

Nearly got one against the Germans!

Needs to calm it down a bit

Optimistic that. Will look something more like:

----------------------------Pickford
Trippier-----Walker------Stones------Maguire------Shaw
--------------------Phillips---------Henderson

---------------------------- No one

You're not allowed to play with 12, especially with someone like Craig Noone who's not even in the squad :)

Ukraine played with back three, Zinchenko functioned well in that system and that is how they scored both goals against Sweden, so we might see repeat of our beautiful 3-4-3. I can see Henderson on for one of Rice/Phillips and full change of wing-backs. Grealish on for the last 20 minutes, Foden is on yellow and needs to be protected for Qatar 2022 and Mount and Sancho....I have no clue what's going to happen to hem in this new squad dynamics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.