UK's first active male professional footballer to come out publicly as gay

You're being deliberately fucking stupid. Yes, it's obviously newsworthy that a professional footballer in this country has come out as gay for the first time since 1990.

Apart from other gay players who might feel more able to come out now they're not the first? Apart from any gay kids who finally have someone in the professional game to look up to?

You're not this stupid, I don't know why you're preteding to be.

No one fucking cares you plumb,its 2022.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah no one cares, that's why it was international news.

You pretending it's not important in 2022 and telling everyone you don't care despite the fact it's not happened in 30 years doesn't make you enlightened or bigotry-free, which seems to be the impression you're trying to give off with this "I don't care so no one else is allowed to" routine.

It's not actually doing anything but denying the importance of something that is obviously a bit of a threshold moment for the sport means a lot to some people.

Oh and repeatedly sniping about the kid just trying to make himself famous and getting on TV...yeah you obviously don't care.

I think you're managing to carry that title on your own.

Last edited:

So why if he doesn't go on to have a great career in football, you are fairly sure he will be featuring on Saturday evening TV?

What credentials or attributes does he have that makes you come to that conclusion bearing in mind he's a 17 year old youth team player with 10 mins of professional football under his belt who was not known a few days ago?

What about Thomas Hitzlsperger, or did he come out after he left the PL?

I understand where you're coming from but from experience can honestly tell you that not everyone in this society is as progressively minded as you. It's a cringe word but 'allyship' is really important. Homophobes need to know the vast majority of people don't want to put up with their prejudice, so the warm reaction he's had has been amazing.

I agree it *shouldn't* be a big deal in an ideal world but we're not there yet by a long way.

Looking forward to the first edition of Fifa/EA Sports FC Ultimate Team that puts a sexual orientation marker in the bio and how it affects player chemistry.

442 Diamond, two quick gay lads up front with a bisexual playing as the link-man at number 10.

Looking forward to the first edition of Fifa/EA Sports FC Ultimate Team that puts a sexual orientation marker in the bio and how it affects player chemistry.

442 Diamond, two quick gay lads up front with a bisexual playing as the link-man at number 10.
Surely he’d be known as the pink man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.