UK's first active male professional footballer to come out publicly as gay

I do hope I am right in thinking this in football will go the way of things like racism. You are not going to stamp out homophobia completely but I hope if homophobic chants etc begin that the other fans drown in out or some heads get knocked together ( in a peaceful way of course ) and the culprits are pointed out to the Police and stewards so the meat heads doing it can be identified, arrested and given a lifetime ban from all stadiums because I am absolutely certain that there are far more right minded supporters across the land who stand behind Jake Daniels

Whilst great, it probably doesn’t make their fans any nicer.

My understanding is that most of the regular Milwall fans are pretty normal these days, and it's only a few times a year when they play premier league teams in the cups or old rivals that they get an influx of dickheads trying to relive the glory days.

My understanding is that most of the regular Milwall fans are pretty normal these days, and it's only a few times a year when they play premier league teams or old rivals that they get an influx of dickheads trying to relive the glory days.
I really hope that is the case.

I do hope I am right in thinking this in football will go the way of things like racism. You are not going to stamp out homophobia completely but I hope if homophobic chants etc begin that the other fans drown in out or some heads get knocked together ( in a peaceful way of course ) and the culprits are pointed out to the Police and stewards so the meat heads doing it can be identified, arrested and given a lifetime ban from all stadiums because I am absolutely certain that there are far more right minded supporters across the land who stand behind Jake Daniels
While casual homophobia still exists on forums like this,and is used by some as banter in everyday situations....the problem will always remain.

As for this kid,yeah....fair play,but maybe other than putting the spotlight on himself (and only he will no the real motivation for such) i dont see why it needed revealing.Those with decency and without prejudice really coudnt give a fuck,those without,and live their lives as obnoxious cunts,will not change and will only use it as more ammunition.

Hopefully he goes on to have a great career in football,if not....i'm fairly sure he will be featuring on Saturday evening TV.

It takes courage to 'come out' even in this day and age and i admire and respect young Jake for it.

I remember when my brother told me he was gay in early93, he was 16 or 17. I was brought up in a homophobic society and couldn't get my head round him being gay.

We were in the bedroom at home and the conversation went something like this. -

"Just thought I'd let you know that I'm gay bro"...... "You what, how do you know you are?".... "Because I fancy men"...... "But you can't be gay because you've had 2 girlfriends!"........ "Well i am!"......"Did you have sex with them"?...... "Yes"...... "Well there you go then, you're not gay"....."I didn't enjoy it though"......."Why not, were they ugly"? ...."No"....... He then lost his temper at me and got emotional, thought he was gonna thump me!...... "Look, you don't think i want to be fuckin' gay, i don't! I want to be straight like you and have kids!"

Talk about shocked, I was!

I just put my arms round him and gave him a big hug. I said - " look bro, I don't understand about being gay because I'm not, but from this day on I'll try to understand you", and I have. We have got on really well ever since.

Not everyone can deal with and accept their sexuality as easily as our kid has since then but there should be absolutely no shame in coming out to be accepted by society, especially nowadays. I hope the day soon comes when people don't have to 'come out' anymore...

Always liked this track for its meaning.

other than putting the spotlight on himself (and only he will no the real motivation for such) i dont see why it needed revealing.

Really? You can't see why someone would not want to hide a massive part of their life?

He wants to have a normal life, which means telling the people around him, his family, friends, teammates. As soon as he does that someone is going to go and tell the press.

Really? You can't see why someone would not want to hide a massive part of their life?

He wants to have a normal life, which means telling the people around him, his family, friends, teammates. As soon as he does that someone is going to go and tell the press.
Im almost certain he isn't the first to reveal his sexuality to those near to him,despite the 'ground breaking revelation' tag.

And so what if the press were to find out? Is it newsworthy that a footballer is gay? possibly,and its doubtful even for these shitehawks.....ony the Sun would attempt a story.

As i said,fair play,and if it helps him have a more comfortable life then fucking brilliant.....but truth is,no one,worth their salt,gives a fuck.

Im almost certain he isn't the first to reveal his sexuality to those near to him,despite the 'ground breaking revelation' tag.

And so what if the press were to find out? Is it newsworthy that a footballer is gay? possibly,and its doubtful even for these shitehawks.....ony the Sun would attempt a story.

As i said,fair play,and if it helps him have a more comfortable life then fucking brilliant.....but truth is,no one,worth their salt,gives a fuck.

You're being deliberately fucking stupid. Yes, it's obviously newsworthy that a professional footballer in this country has come out as gay for the first time since 1990.

but truth is,no one,worth their salt,gives a fuck.

Apart from other gay players who might feel more able to come out now they're not the first? Apart from any gay kids who finally have someone in the professional game to look up to?

You're not this stupid, I don't know why you're preteding to be.

While casual homophobia still exists on forums like this,and is used by some as banter in everyday situations....the problem will always remain.

As for this kid,yeah....fair play,but maybe other than putting the spotlight on himself (and only he will no the real motivation for such) i dont see why it needed revealing.Those with decency and without prejudice really coudnt give a fuck,those without,and live their lives as obnoxious cunts,will not change and will only use it as more ammunition.

Hopefully he goes on to have a great career in football,if not....i'm fairly sure he will be featuring on Saturday evening TV.

Isn't your last sentence a contradiction of your first sentence?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.