UK's first active male professional footballer to come out publicly as gay

It shouldn't be news in this day and age but guarantee he will get abuse every game he plays from mindless idiots.
Someone will make a rumour up linking him with Brighton in the next few weeks too.
Like you just have lol. Fucking hell

Brave and imo correct decision and hopefully others will follow suit. I bet he’ll make a fortune in some big sponsorship deals now and fucking fair play to him.

Like you just have lol. Fucking hell

Brave and imo correct decision and hopefully others will follow suit. I bet he’ll make a fortune in some big sponsorship deals now and fucking fair play to him.

Signed with Adidas a week ago. Probably not a coincidence but like you say, fair play.

Is it just football? I am not aware of it in rugby or boxing or F1? Maybe football should lead the way.

Good luck to the lad, showing the way forward, anyone chanting about it should be docked points.
Pretty sure some have come out in both Rugby League and Union, the problem being is the crowds' and their responses. Football fans are often neanderthal as a collective but cowards as individuals, hope he gets on with his life with the support of his family and friends

Good on him.

Statistically speaking, between the first team/EDS/academy, there is possibly one or more City players who are gay. Hopefully they see this news, hear support from the club and their team mates, and are better for it.

Not sure why this player in particular chose to divulge his sexuality. Maybe he was about to be 'outed' by a third party, or maybe he was fed up of keeping up the pretence. Whatever the reason, fair play. Courageous decision.

Statistically there are likely to be at least one or two gay players in every squad, but it has absolutely no bearing on footballing matters, and frankly I don't care what a players sexual orientation is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.