UK's first active male professional footballer to come out publicly as gay

Part of me thinks "brave lad, good on you" and part of me likes to believe that (quite rightly) it isn't a thing anyway.

Whatever, I wish him all the best.

Like you just have lol. Fucking hell

Brave and imo correct decision and hopefully others will follow suit. I bet he’ll make a fortune in some big sponsorship deals now and fucking fair play to him.
Why is it a correct decision in your opinion? Are you saying all gay players should let you know they're gay?
No one should be bothered at all....it has zero relevance to anyone but himself.

Is it just football? I am not aware of it in rugby or boxing or F1? Maybe football should lead the way.

Good luck to the lad, showing the way forward, anyone chanting about it should be docked poi
Good point. Gareth Thomas is the highest profile Rugby Player I can think of. Came out, has HIV and is still a hero/legend in Wales, nothing changed that opinion. The refs Nigel Owens (Union) and James Childs (Rugby League) still seem to have the respect of all the players. Let's hope that this brave lad coming out does lead the way for other footballers to do the same.

Fair play to him, very brave and a positive step forward for football.

Unfortunately the response to City's message of support (and every other clubs) on twitter makes for grim reading.

That's why people step forward, to show others they're not alone.

Not sure why this player in particular chose to divulge his sexuality. Maybe he was about to be 'outed' by a third party, or maybe he was fed up of keeping up the pretence. Whatever the reason, fair play. Courageous decision.

Statistically there are likely to be at least one or two gay players in every squad, but it has absolutely no bearing on footballing matters, and frankly I don't care what a players sexual orientation is.
If you read the article, it’s been mapped out how he wanted it to come out and when.

99.9% of people breathing air in this country couldn't care less if someone was gay or not, and we as a country should be proud of that.

Good luck to him.
Wish I could say the same over ‘ere! They’ll be “banning” it soon!

Why is it a correct decision in your opinion? Are you saying all gay players should let you know they're gay?
No one should be bothered at all....it has zero relevance to anyone but himself.
Because he shouldn’t feel like he has to hide it and if he wants to go out with his partner he now can. I agree that really it’s no one else’s business but it’s needed a pioneer to come forward and fair play to him for doing so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.