Unacceptable song

antculmcfc said:
The Chief said:
ell said:
At least they were singing. Everyone else was happy to sit in silence

Then you might as well just sing the Slade original and inject some irony to the atmosphere?

With a twist:
Cum on feel the noize,
we're the City boys,
we are loud and proud,
we are loud and proud.

(repeat)

Wow! Now that is shit

Maybe, but better than the other tripe and at least City-focused.

malg said:
Skashion said:
SAMH4000 said:
What is the paedo song?
To the tune: Cum on Feel the Noize

Fergie touches boys,
So does David Moyes,
They're paedophiles,
They're paedophiles.
Can't really see why people are upset at that, but we live in a day and age where 'offence' is taken at anything and everything.

If you don't find unfounded accusations of paedophilia offensive then what do you find offensive?

GaudinoMotors said:
malg said:
Skashion said:

Fergie touches boys,
So does David Moyes,
They're paedophiles,
They're paedophiles.
Can't really see why people are upset at that, but we live in a day and age where 'offence' is taken at anything and everything.

If you don't find unfounded accusations of paedophilia offensive then what do you find offensive?
pearl+clutching.jpg

It's interesting that as certain terms (rightly) become unacceptable in wider society and filters down to the terraces - no more monkey chants, songs about Spurs heading off to certain parts of Germany for instance - the next natural step is wiping out any form of offence altogether. We had a similar thread a few weeks back in The Cellar about comedy having boundaries or not and I think the same applies here.

Football supporting is intrinsically tribal in its nature, so how do you go about getting to/at your enemy when you play them? Or is it that simply singing songs about your own team only should suffice? Or further still is it that a football crowd needs to become more like a rugby crowd or worse still, sterile like the theatre?

I hate the fact we sing about the swamp donkeys when we're not playing them, but when we do play them I expect we should give it them with both barrels. Thankfully, the Munich stuff is definitely on the wane with what seems (to me at least) a vocal minority, rather than the majority of City fans, indulging from time to time. How do you do give it them respectfully though whilst causing maximum discomfort?

Unemployment is a terrible thing for anyone to have to go through. It has such a detrimental effect to the individual and on relationships, families and so on. It is absolutely no laughing matter and over 2 million people are currently classed as "unemployed" according to official figures and more than likely the figure is actually much higher given the nuances involved in how it is calculated. So, does that mean no more "get to work you lazy twats!" when we play the red or blue dippers? In fact, no more calling them the dippers surely as theft is equally no laughing matter?

I've no idea what the answer is or even if I am making any sense! I know racism, homophobia etc are all appalling and I agree the "touches boys" song" is distasteful. It is puerile and certainly not one I'd sing. However (genuine request, not meant to be antagonistic) I'd love to have some examples of songs we could use that demonstrates respect but gets at the opposition and who we could use them against.

It's obvious by the posts that quite a few morons are ok with this and there I was thinking the culprits must be illiterate. Oh well nothing anyone can do to stop except drown it out with a city song... you know the team you are supposed to be supporting.

GaudinoMotors said:
malg said:
Skashion said:

Fergie touches boys,
So does David Moyes,
They're paedophiles,
They're paedophiles.

I've a friend who switches off the radio or tv as soon as any comedy mentions god (not robbie fowler, the other one, you know, the one up there) or anything connected with his faith, a bit extreme but where should you draw the line with black humour? is mentioning the war offensive?

I don't think anyone actually believes the content of the song. do they?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Know I'm going to get lambasted but oh well, here I go:

I find it disgraceful that groups of fans tonight were singing the paedo song and it should be dropped immediately.

it's completely unacceptable.

Totally agree - it waters down a serious issue and is up there with Munich chants. It makes me cringe - and on the tube in London I covered up my colours as I was ashamed by a half dozen (who had been told to drop the chant) carrying it on.

What if a victim of child abuse hears it?
What message does it say to young fans?
What if it detracts from a real message?

If The Sun shouts Paedo here, Paedo there every week from a paper headline, it blinds you to the deep meanings and affects of something very serious.

I fucking hate Utd but I would never sing such a crass song as that, it's raggish like behaviour in the sense that its as disgusting as when they sing the same about Wenger. We're better than them.

GaudinoMotors said:
malg said:
Skashion said:

Fergie touches boys,
So does David Moyes,
They're paedophiles,
They're paedophiles.

Why are you feeling offended its not about you. This is the problem with society, nosey fuckers telling people what they should be offended about.

"Does your boyfriend know your here" sang to brighton fans by leeds fans. FAF. Are you offended by that as well. Have a day off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.