Unambitious, Magnanimous, Docile, Lemming-Like Fans

ManCityFC said:
I am going to get pelter's here, but I think this needs saying.

The attitude of some of the fans on this site (and in Manchester) beggars belief. Despite the fact that MH has spent circa £75 million on players this season, to strengthen a side that finished top 10 last season, and we continue to move backwards, you would think people would be a little bit worried. But no, this is City. People simply refuse to even entertain the possibility that this shite manager, that has achieved fuck all, could take us down. Some on here think he could shit golden turds, I am convinced of it.

It seems that no matter how close to the relegation zone we get, no matter how depressing the long-ball football gets, no matter how many cup competitions we get dumped out of by piss poor opposition, the lemming-like response just continues to get more and more prevalent, as the pathetic amongst us, clutch hold of the belief that money will certainly avert relegation, and we may be in danger of sacking the next baconface. It's frankly sad as fuck.

We need stability I keep hearing, what kind of stability? The kind of stability you get in The Championship? How can we have stability from a manager that fiddles with a team more than Ranieri was ever accused of, and cannot put players in the correct positions. Is it any wonder that the players who's career he is ruining, have lost all respect for him?

Getting rid of the manager won't help I keep hearing, as we watch the teams that had the good sense to sack and replace their managers before Christmas steal a march on us.

Just give him until the end of the season, he will turn it around - I keep hearing, but what happens if you are wrong? Are you going to come on here and hold your hands up or run away and hide. The latter I expect. And why should he be allowed to buy his way into job longevity? It wouldn't happen anywhere else and he came here thinking he had little to spend. Where would we be now without the Arabs money?? Probably stuck with a manager that was taking us down, with no money to sack him and pay him off.

The team was shite before he joined us I keep hearing, but nobody can escape the fact that we finished top 10 last season and prattle on about a drubbing my the best team in the league and one against Boro, when the then manager had been told he was getting the flick, after doing everything he had been asked to do.

I am sick and tired of the Unambitious, Magnanimous, Docile, Lemming-Like Fans that support this great club with me. I am convinced that some of them just enjoy the pain we have endured over the last 30 years and are punch drunk by it. The one good thing that could come of all this cash is hiring a world class manager. Any plans to hire world class players went out of the window when we plummeted down the table in my opinion, but we could easily tempt a world class manager with a big salary and blank chequebook.

Here's to another season of mediocrity and a relegation battle at the end, just to get the adrenalin running, for the wrong reasons.

CTID.

Good points well made.I agree totally and fully with what you have said mate.If the best players he can attract are the likes of Santa Cruz well heres to the Championship!!

ManCityFC said:
I am going to get pelter's here, but I think this needs saying.
Actually, waht you're going to get is a desconstruction of your arguments and (hopefully) a compelling counter argument. Perhaps your 'lemmings' have put a bit more thought into this than you give them credit for?

ManCityFC said:
The attitude of some of the fans on this site (and in Manchester) beggars belief. Despite the fact that MH has spent circa £75 million on players this season, to strengthen a side that finished top 10 last season, and we continue to move backwards, you would think people would be a little bit worried.
City's squad, 18 months ago, was *probably about relegation standard*- Pearce had just about kept us up, but then Barton and Distin left. Leaving a couple of international standard players, the odd muppet and a group of players that were only recently out of school. So then there were 9 players that Sven brought in to do what he did-

Corluka- gone
Geo- gone
Bojinov- hasn't played, very long term sick
Petrov- great player last season, long term sick this season and sorely missed
Elano- great player last season, transpires to be a bit of a flakey character
Fernandes- headless chicken, possibly too lightweight for his position
Benjani- Sven's plan H last January has never looked like a vast improvement
Garrido, Caicedo- much improved this season yet still not deemed to be good enough

This squad, before £75m was spent, got turned over by Fulham and Middlesbrough, all after taking 3 wins from 19 away games last season. The top 10 finish last season was secured by good early season home form, given a relatively easy fixture list. Bare in mind also, that Pearce era squad had 3 players who have apparently become jaded through age and injury- Vassell, Dunne, Hamann. All of these players have been poor under Hughes, for reasons he can do nothing about. Add one other influential young player who seems to now think that beer is better than football.

The picture I'm painting for you here is one that shows a squad which is fundamentally not a good one. It's thin, mostly inexperienced, and has been ravaged by injury. This notion, that because we have one maybe two world class players, the squad must be top 6 quality, is a fucking myth. An M reg Ford Fiesta with a Ferrari engine is still an M reg Ford Fiesta.

So from this standpoint you add 4 or 5 players, your £75m. One, the lowest value signing, has divebombed. £71m out of the £75m has generally been a roaring success.

ManCityFC said:
But no, this is City. People simply refuse to even entertain the possibility that this shite manager, that has achieved fuck all, could take us down. Some on here think he could shit golden turds, I am convinced of it.
Nobody here thinks he could shit golden turds. Surely if that were true, we'd be concerned as to why he was wasn't selling said golden turds to wealthy arabs, rather managing a football team for them. It'd be an easier way to make money.

ManCityFC said:
It seems that no matter how close to the relegation zone we get, no matter how depressing the long-ball football gets, no matter how many cup competitions we get dumped out of by piss poor opposition, the lemming-like response just continues to get more and more prevalent, as the pathetic amongst us, clutch hold of the belief that money will certainly avert relegation, and we may be in danger of sacking the next baconface. It's frankly sad as fuck.
Relegation? You're a weeping, wailing drama queen. FACT. There are about 11 teams within pissing distance of the relegation zone, or were you too blinkered to notice?

You don't think money will avert relegation? Nonsense. If Hughes can maintain form with his good signings, why won't money avert relegation? Why are you backing his form to change? If you don't like the players we've been linked with, how many good signings will it take, on Hughes's part, before you start to trust the guy with money? No seriously, ask yourself.

ManCityFC said:
We need stability I keep hearing, what kind of stability? The kind of stability you get in The Championship? How can we have stability from a manager that fiddles with a team more than Ranieri was ever accused of, and cannot put players in the correct positions. Is it any wonder that the players who's career he is ruining, have lost all respect for him?
Stability. 30 years without it, with a new manager every other season or less. Where has it got us, exactly?

He'd have a settled team, but for the injury situation. Perhaps he should've done something so as to avoid them all. What might that have been, can you tell me?

Hughes's experience with this squad is limited, surely some sort of experimentation is allowed? Maybe, given the squad situation described above

Now, name a player who's career has been ruined by Manchester City/ Hughes, in the last 6 months. Name several, since you've gone for a plural with it.

ManCityFC said:
Getting rid of the manager won't help I keep hearing, as we watch the teams that had the good sense to sack and replace their managers before Christmas steal a march on us.
Oh, now I see, you like the new manager bounce effect, do you? That's all it is.

ManCityFC said:
Just give him until the end of the season, he will turn it around - I keep hearing, but what happens if you are wrong? Are you going to come on here and hold your hands up or run away and hide. The latter I expect. And why should he be allowed to buy his way into job longevity? It wouldn't happen anywhere else and he came here thinking he had little to spend. Where would we be now without the Arabs money?? Probably stuck with a manager that was taking us down, with no money to sack him and pay him off.
Without the arabs' money, The Richest Club In The World, and all the negative pressure that that statement has placed on his player's shoulders would not be there. I can't believe I'm reading that some are frightened about getting moved out. Fucking professional? My arse! The revelation that some City players are actually complacent twats that lack any real ambition is not Hughes's fault.

ManCityFC said:
The team was shite before he joined us I keep hearing, but nobody can escape the fact that we finished top 10 last season and prattle on about a drubbing my the best team in the league and one against Boro, when the then manager had been told he was getting the flick, after doing everything he had been asked to do.
So you appreciate extenuating circumstances to especially bad performances. Good. It was worth me describing the current ones to you.

ManCityFC said:
I am sick and tired of the Unambitious, Magnanimous, Docile, Lemming-Like Fans that support this great club with me. I am convinced that some of them just enjoy the pain we have endured over the last 30 years and are punch drunk by it. The one good thing that could come of all this cash is hiring a world class manager. Any plans to hire world class players went out of the window when we plummeted down the table in my opinion, but we could easily tempt a world class manager with a big salary and blank chequebook.
Whats ambition? Seeing a young manager get a chance to compete with the big boys with some money in his pockets, or buying in a ringer?

ManCityFC said:
Here's to another season of mediocrity and a relegation battle at the end, just to get the adrenalin running, for the wrong reasons.
And many more of stability and success. Given stability and wealth, we'll never need to worry about relegation again.

ManCityFC said:
Quite.

------------

Yunno what? I'm not pro Hughes. Ultimately, I'm still undecided about the guy, and I think there's a big silent majority out there who are with me. I'm on the fence, but I won't be derided by berks of this calibre. Ho hum.

Success would be great

Improvement on last year would be good

Signs of real potential would be OK

Indications of progress would be acceptable

Staying about where we were would be a let down, but we'd live with it

Going backwards is too much

MH has taken us backwards.

Good post.

I disagree entirely with it but it was well written and gave a different view-point. That's what forums are all about.

foreverblue said:
Good post, I am sure you would have noticed that the only people who post abuse are the anti-Hughes faction.

Didn't notice mate what with all the 'I piss on this thread' pics and posts telling ManCity FC hes a boring prick and that he should fuck off...

BobKowalski said:
foreverblue said:
Good post, I am sure you would have noticed that the only people who post abuse are the anti-Hughes faction.

Didn't notice mate what with all the 'I piss on this thread' pics and posts telling ManCity FC hes a boring prick and that he should fuck off...

Point taken.

However they are just abusing someone who attacked a large proportion, if not a majority of City fans without good reason.

Ronnie the Rep said:
Well responded Goat Boy. how many times have we all bemoaned the fact that young British managers never get a chance to compete with the big boys. as you say, if we were not the RCITW he wouldn't have a fraction of the pressure
I for one have never bemoaned the lack of young british managers, nor do I know anyone else who has.

We ARE the richest club in the world and as such we need to employ a top class manager, I hope hughes can keep us up until we do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.