Unbelievable!

I've had it on holiday where someone asks where ur from and as soon as you say Manchester go Oh united fan? Pisses me right off

During freshers week at university I was speaking to two people, one a girl from Bahrain if I remember, the other was a lad from London.

The girl asked me where I was from so I said Manchester, to which she goes:
"Oh! Like Manchester United?! I take it your a fan?"... typical.
"Well... No, actually I'm a huge Manchester City fan." I said
"What's the difference?" she asks (I mean, how do you even answer that?).
"Well, the vast majority of City supporters in England are from Manchester, whereas the vast majority of United supporters come from London because they just jump on the bandwagon of picking a team which is easy to support as they win more often." I said, just to be a bit satirical for a bit of banter. At that point the lad from London pipes up.
"Yeah... I'm a United fan."

Excellently demonstrating my point. He never talked to me ever again though haha.

I went to the Derby at OT last season (when Rooney shinned it) and we managed to blag a couple of corporate hospitality tickets.

We went down early for the free bar and the train / tram was packed with day trippers, Irish visitors, cockneys etc .. it was cringeworthy.

Anyway, we got to Old Trafford cricket club for the meal etc and we were on a table of 10 .... 2 of us from Manchester with the rest (YCMIU) :

2 lads from USA who had never been to England before
A couple from London as his birthday treat
2 Syrian blokes who couldn't speak a word
2 Irish lads

When we had finished the meal, the guy on the microphone said "welcome everyone, lets see where you're all from ... " and no word of a lie he said, "anyone in from Indonesia?"

We pissed ourselves.

By that time, we'd had four or five sherbets and when they finished without asking "anyone from Manchester" my brother started singing, "Manchester la la la, Manchester la la la" think we just about got away without that one.

I, for one, hope that no matter how successful we get, we don't sell out to the corporate knobheads like United have. The whole of the top tier in the United road was full of corporates who didn't know what day it was. We even cheered Silva's goal without any complaint.

Wankers.

Totally get wat yas r saying lads regarding the filth as over here is awash with them id say three quarters of them neva been to the swamp in there puff but on the otha hand there is a brave lot travel over weekly to games and while small in number there are genuine lifelong city fans that travel over like myself to 4 /5 or as many games as financially possible and put our money into and support the club in other ways , and although hypocritical my argument , when i say there is only one team in manchester and the tramps reply but your not from manchester is that the overwhelming majority of our support is while theres stems from the four corners of the globe bar manchester !

belfast blue 00 said:
Totally get wat yas r saying lads regarding the filth as over here is awash with them id say three quarters of them neva been to the swamp in there puff but on the otha hand there is a brave lot travel over weekly to games and while small in number there are genuine lifelong city fans that travel over like myself to 4 /5 or as many games as financially possible and put our money into and support the club in other ways , and although hypocritical my argument , when i say there is only one team in manchester and the tramps reply but your not from manchester is that the overwhelming majority of our support is while theres stems from the four corners of the globe bar manchester !

tbh if your a traveling blue or red thats great support for both clubs , now thats where it ends because the the next thing are day tripers 'one offs' i bet 10% at old trafford are one offs

id say 10 % is generous closer to 20 % prob more realistic , i love winding them up after a trip by tellin them that after a weekend in manchester failed to see one united shirt newhere in the city and the best part is it true ! lol

belfast blue 00 said:
id say 10 % is generous closer to 20 % prob more realistic , i love winding them up after a trip by tellin them that after a weekend in manchester failed to see one united shirt newhere in the city and the best part is it true ! lol
how do you do your trips matey, ryanair to l/pool?

manc18 said:
I've had it on holiday where someone asks where ur from and as soon as you say Manchester go Oh united fan? Pisses me right off

RAG.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:17 pm --<br /><br />
Maldini said:
i had to go to the DVLA office near the swamp once. i went in my lunch break and there were loads of the thick cunts in united shirts milling round. it was a champions league night and they were all there at 1.00pm. What the fuck were they doing there 6 hours before kick off. I was getting pissed off and got really fucking fuming when i heard one of the shout to a mate in a broad cockney accent. What a bunch of hateful fuckers.

Why would that make you more upset?

depends m8 if book it early usually belfast to liverpool flybe but usually prices are jus to dear last season i found dublin to manchester ryanair the cheapest option usually saving around £30 -40 £ and we can jump onto a bus direct to dublin aiport for tenner return only an hours journey and it usually first thing in morning and last thing at night so can catch few zzzs , once the live fixtures announced ill get games before xmas booked looking at everton , arsenal and ticket depending a home champions league game

I can't even understand why anyone in Manchester would want to support the shitty rag twats ........ let alone anyone in South Wales!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.