Unbelievable!

Times they are a changing.

I was in a corner shop in Rome last week. Usual purchase, couple of bottles of of water.

Owner says " Ah English, from London ?"

No says I "Manchester"

I expected the usual Booby Charlton, Rooney, United, comments.....No

"Ah Ballotelli" was his reply.

I started singing " oh Ballotelli, he's a striker.. etc

ive supported mcfc all my life i live in north wales old man s/c holder there and both at coms get train every home game was only city fan through my school years put up with slagging of all mylife im 42 now and the rags have gone quiet i may notlive in manchester but i paid my dues and my son is lucky to experience the good times

jonmcfc said:
ive supported mcfc all my life i live in north wales old man s/c holder there and both at coms get train every home game was only city fan through my school years put up with slagging of all mylife im 42 now and the rags have gone quiet i may notlive in manchester but i paid my dues and my son is lucky to experience the good times

City fans from outside of Manchester are different, they (and you) did not make an easy choice, and I salute everyone of you

jonmcfc said:

and well done my freind and if i may say without being disrespectfull you were on the gravy train before it departed

Even though we've been through some bloody awful times we've always had loyal lads from further afield who could easily have taken the easy route if they didn't fancy their local team.
This goes back as far as I can remember which is early/mid 70's when I can remember seeing Blue coaches from North Wales, Staffs and Blackpool and some from even further away.
And they were there at every home game!<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:38 am --<br /><br />Sorry couldn't resist posting this up..a text I got tonight whilst having a curry in Rusholme....been pissing me sides all night.

"1st October, rags v Norwich City!
That awkward moment when you turn up, only to realise you're all wearing the same scarves".

marco said:
jonmcfc said:

and well done my freind and if i may say without being disrespectfull you were on the gravy train before it ARRIVED

Some of you lads in Manchester would be surprised at how mnay fans we have further afield, tho to be fair most have some sort of Manchester connection, unlike them.

Me for example, prime candidate to be 'one of them', born in Singapore (English parents) never lived in Manc either but as my mothers side of the family is from Prestwich originally and my grandfather was on Citys books as a youngster, I have always been a Blue.

As I live in Southampton, they will always be my second team though (local football and all that)

Yea, coaches week in week out from all over the country come and watch us.

I couldn't care where your from, it's where your at.... And a large percentage of these rag twats down south never go to games, complete daytrippers.

Bilboblue said:
marco said:
jonmcfc said:

and well done my freind and if i may say without being disrespectfull you were on the gravy train before it ARRIVED

Some of you lads in Manchester would be surprised at how mnay fans we have further afield, tho to be fair most have some sort of Manchester connection, unlike them.

Me for example, prime candidate to be 'one of them', born in Singapore (English parents) never lived in Manc either but as my mothers side of the family is from Prestwich originally and my grandfather was on Citys books as a youngster, I have always been a Blue.

As I live in Southampton, they will always be my second team though (local football and all that)

I think the rags just have glory hunters hanging off their coat tails(which is so easy) whilst a lot of far flung Blues are ex pats or lads who have taken up the cause through familly ties or for what ever reason but for sure it wasn't to be a pot hunter!

The owners vision of us becoming a global brand/name will come true one day and even if we we do extend Eastland to 60k the vast majority inside week in week out will be from Manchester or have strong Manchester links.
This will never be the case with them and the decent reds I know think its cringingly embarrasing that all the stalls outside the swamp are there solely for the benefit of the day trip brigade!
Our club will never rely on Indonisian middle class vacationers and will always be Manchesters one true club!

A bloke in my local in donny, claims to have two season tickets for the swamp. I asked him why he wasn't there as the scum were on sky at the time at home and he said its cos he sells it to friends all the time. I was later told this bloke has never been to the swamp! Pissed me off living round here people don't understand what its like to support a team and follow them home and away like I do, they just think supporting a team is by watching it on tv in a pub. My local when they play is packed, and my mates hate it for how I react to them being prefering scum

M147WN said:
Bilboblue said:
marco said:

I think the rags just have glory hunters hanging off their coat tails(which is so easy) whilst a lot of far flung Blues are ex pats or lads who have taken up the cause through familly ties or for what ever reason but for sure it wasn't to be a pot hunter!

The owners vision of us becoming a global brand/name will come true one day and even if we we do extend Eastland to 60k the vast majority inside week in week out will be from Manchester or have strong Manchester links.
This will never be the case with them and the decent reds I know think its cringingly embarrasing that all the stalls outside the swamp are there solely for the benefit of the day trip brigade!

Very true.
Have to just add, me and my son have season tickets at City, and bar a few years, I have had one since the mid 90's, used to sit North Stand Block R, great days next to the away fans.
Hoping to relocate back to level 2 this year.

The amount of plastic reds down here is unbelievable, and none of the fuckers ever go to games, that's the main difference between us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.