Underwhelmed when they signed but turned out to be pretty good

Raheem Sterling.

Didn’t want him, didn’t like him when he was a Liverpool player, thought he was overrated simply because he was a Liverpool player, I used to incessantly take the piss out of the way he runs when he was a Liverpool player and how he always used to run the ball out of play. I thought £50m was far too much for him.

But he’s scored 128 goals for the club and been a big part of winning 9 trophies with us.

I have been the same with Grealish n’all. Used to always take the piss out of him when he was a Villa player for being a diving ****, always on the floor, overrated because United wanted him in 2020, Foden being better than him, played most of his career in the Championship and wouldn’t make it at a top club… we’ve gone and signed him for what I think is too much… but hopefully he proves me wrong n’all!

Vinny turned out to be a bit better than we all imagined ;-)

Bought a decent if uninspiring holding mid and ended up with the best central defender in world football :-)
It was just Hughes who thought he was a midfielder, he was a central defender beforehand (he was a promising youngster on FM while he was at Anderlecht lol)

It was just Hughes who thought he was a midfielder, he was a central defender beforehand (he was a promising youngster on FM while he was at Anderlecht lol)
Absolutely this. Its a myth that he was a midfielder - he got moved into defensive midfield at City initially because we had sod all tacklers in there and were basically a bit soft.

He did well there, but I think it was as soon as De Jong was signed he was moved back to centre-half.

Absolutely this. Its a myth that he was a midfielder - he got moved into defensive midfield at City initially because we had sod all tacklers in there and were basically a bit soft.

He did well there, but I think it was as soon as De Jong was signed he was moved back to centre-half.
He initially wanted to be a midfielder himself, part of the reason why he signed for us because we promised him a role in midfield

He initially wanted to be a midfielder himself, part of the reason why he signed for us because we promised him a role in midfield

Don't remember that, you might be right though.

Not read through the whole thread, but Shaun Goater certainly comes to mind as someone who exceeded expectations.

Tony Book.

I thought, why are City signing a 32 year old bricklayer who spent most of his career as a non-league part timer?

We all soon found out!
Skip turned out to be fantastic. It is said Alison messed with his birth certificate to hide his age from the directors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.