Underwhelmed when they signed but turned out to be pretty good

Morrison didn't exactly inspire me when we signed him from Huddersfield. From memory he wasn't playing for them so you did wonder what Big Joe saw... but what a signing. One of our very best and he turned the club around. I know some people will say that Tevez, Robinho etc were our most important but they wouldn't have happened without Morrison coming in and putting some real steel in our defence. He was an immense signing... shows what I know about football!

I was also underwhelmed by Richard Jobson but he was a class act. You could see that in his prime he was a great footballer and nowadays would be worth a fortune as he was a classy player. I think Pep would sign someone like him today.

The Goat was a strange one as when I'd seen him scoring for Rotherham he looked "gangly" shall we say. He didn't look like he knew what he was doing and looked a bit "lucky". For £400k it seemed like a gamble on someone who wasn't naturally skilfull, couldn't dribble, couldn't really control it! When we signed him and saw him after a couple of games, I did think he was going to tank. However, he just had that knack of getting the ball into the net and I wish we had someone like him in this team now! Anyway, we all know that The Goat became a legend... shows what I know about football!

I was also underwhelmed when we signed Yaya as I'd only seen him play as a central defender against United in the Super Cup final. He didn't look much to me in that game and when we signed him for £25m and gave him number 42 I wasn't expecting much. He'd not really scored much and to be honest I thought he would just be here for the money... shows what I know about football!

Whilst Morrison, The Goat and Yaya are world's apart, they are some of my favourite ever players!

Yaya, thought why are we signing him when we have De Jong & Barry to do a similar role, How wrong did I turn out to be……

Yaya, thought why are we signing him when we have De Jong & Barry to do a similar role, How wrong did I turn out to be……
He was the most exciting of all who came through at that point for me… I didn’t expect the levels he displayed, he evolved at us but we were always signing a worldy, he was coming from the best domestic team in decades

Morrison didn't exactly inspire me when we signed him from Huddersfield. From memory he wasn't playing for them so you did wonder what Big Joe saw... but what a signing. One of our very best and he turned the club around. I know some people will say that Tevez, Robinho etc were our most important but they wouldn't have happened without Morrison coming in and putting some real steel in our defence. He was an immense signing... shows what I know about football!

I was also underwhelmed by Richard Jobson but he was a class act. You could see that in his prime he was a great footballer and nowadays would be worth a fortune as he was a classy player. I think Pep would sign someone like him today.

The Goat was a strange one as when I'd seen him scoring for Rotherham he looked "gangly" shall we say. He didn't look like he knew what he was doing and looked a bit "lucky". For £400k it seemed like a gamble on someone who wasn't naturally skilfull, couldn't dribble, couldn't really control it! When we signed him and saw him after a couple of games, I did think he was going to tank. However, he just had that knack of getting the ball into the net and I wish we had someone like him in this team now! Anyway, we all know that The Goat became a legend... shows what I know about football!

I was also underwhelmed when we signed Yaya as I'd only seen him play as a central defender against United in the Super Cup final. He didn't look much to me in that game and when we signed him for £25m and gave him number 42 I wasn't expecting much. He'd not really scored much and to be honest I thought he would just be here for the money... shows what I know about football!

Whilst Morrison, The Goat and Yaya are world's apart, they are some of my favourite ever players!
Seems to me you know a lot about football. You trust what your eyes see and have the intelligence to adjust your opinions when you see things differently, Pep thinking !!.

Richard Dunne.
Dragged from a boozer and ended up being player of the year 4 times.
Put his head where lots of players wouldn't put their luminous boots.
Zabaleta a close second

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.