United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

No, I want us shortening the game and protecting a 0-3 or 1-3 lead -- especially with a 2nd choice keeper, CB who hasn't been on a pitch in weeks and sometimes looks bit shaky, and converted CDm who is playing every match.

Again. If you think this is a side that is built to protect leads by turning down goals, I'd just direct you to the fact that a United side who are order of magnitude worse than any CL opponent we might get are still in this tie because as soon as we stopped attacking, they scored.

Walker just said in his post match exactly what happened in the 2nd half.

He said they were told to control the game, conserve energy, and only attack when the opportunity presented itself. That's a clear order from Pep at half time. We may not like it, but he is thinking for the next games clearly.

We wouldn't have won that without a Bernardo Silva masterclass.

Some absolutely shocking performances from certain players that's becoming all too expected when they turn out in certain fixtures.

Should of been atleast 6 at ht. Well done to the team. It is annoying that one mistake leads to a goal and we missed so many.

Anyway rags got bossed so its a great win.

Great first half, sloppy second. Why did we ease off because they were there for a hammering tonight. Sterling to be dropped for me, been off it for weeks now and cost us a bigger win tonight. Bernardo rightly motm, excellent performance. Would've taken that before the game, well done Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.