United (a) post-match thread

Is it true they performed a lap of honour. I fucked off at the final whistle as I had visions of being kept in whilst they played stupid nursery rhymes again.

There's no doubting the ability of these players but mentally I think they must all be shattered. The cup games is all that seems to be getting performances out of them at the minute.

If the city of last year would play the city of this year they'd hammer this bunch.

Why mentally are they shattered?

Is two winning seasons all a professional footballer can cope with??

Ederson was brilliant early season, but has also not played much the last few weeks due to cup games.

Must be difficult for a keeper when rested to get back into the swing of it.

Actually not rested but dropped like a number of other keepers in cup games. It's interesting how clubs got to this point. It started when clubs began playing second string players against lower level opposition including reserve keepers then they progressed round by round but as they were winning they decide they couldn't in all conscience drop the reserve keeper who suddenly finds himself in a cup final. Just one of the reasons why keepers are a breed apart I suppose because it wouldn't be the norm with an outfield player.

And the good news this fine Monday morning is that it wasn't 6-1! I'm feeling a lot better now - and plenty of action to let yesterday's game drift into the meaningless mists of gone forever time - Tuesday the kids at the Academy, Wednesday Our Tater's return, Saturday BFS and his men ready to put the football into orbit, and then Real minus Ramos. Just hope Pep has the shit sorted.

Possibly the players and maybe Pep saw this game differently to the supporters.
Just wondering if Pep could let us know which games he is up for so that the loyal City supporters can decide if they can be bothered as well.
Was thinking the same myself, wondering if I should bother dragging myself out on Wednesday?

The thread needed hours to get bigger than the thread about the game in Madrid.

Tells you a lot about the power of negativity that reigns on such forums.

This team can still win a treble this season but the moaners are in their element because a game that was less significant than SW in the FA Cup was lost against a team that has won fuck all recently and is 5th.
Nothing to do with moaning, it's been a difficult season and in league terms very disappointing.

A derby is still a big game at least for the fans, yesterday our team looked disinterested and unmotivated our manager included.

To me that is unacceptable.

Possibly the players and maybe Pep saw this game differently to the supporters.
Just wondering if Pep could let us know which games he is up for so that the loyal City supporters can decide if they can be bothered as well.

Think your definition of loyal is questionable.

Seems to me we are only interested in the cups.

We seem to beat ourselves more than teams beat us.

Yes I have no problem with not prioritising the league, just secure top four in case we beat the ban. There are two games left that the fans wanted to win in the the league. One was yesterday and the other is Liverpool. Yesterday we failed miserably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.