United (a) post-match thread

We've lost 3 times to them this season. Trying to wiggle out of it by talking up the definition of what is being bossed etc is silly.
No mate, it isn't silly at all, I am a stickler when it comes to semantics and I detest 'bluemoon' (and MEN) negativity for the sake of negativity, particularly when it doesn't depicts what happened in 96 minutes. It's easy to repeat platitudes 'we were bossed', 'Ota is shit' i 'Gundo is no good', and the newest one 'Rodri is mediocre'. Being bossed is not when a ref sees a faoul when there is no foul; being bossed is not when VAR dude tries to breaks down Kun's upper body anatomy from 60 yards away; being bossed is not when the very same Kun falls asleep at a free kick; being bossed is not when Raz went back from hero to zero and is not able to connect with 100% sitter; ......, I am just saying, I am pissed off because of losing, particularly losing to this lot, but being bossed in footballing terms means something completely different.

Agree, I'd love us to win both the CL pot (to stick two fingers up to FFP crooks) and the FA cup but can't see us winning either on tonight's performance and given the CL mafia will see key decisions go against us if we do play well enough to win.

We aren't winning the champions league with our defence even with Laporte in it, unless we have a huge slice of luck along the way. Worst the goals have dried up by our standards putting even more pressure on a creaking defence and suddenly jittery keeper.

Individually and collectively we are a good 30% below last seasons form. IF we get everyone fit and performing to what they are capable of we have an outside chance.

The fact that we have performances in us like this just give me no confidence about success in the CL. A shite 45 mins seems to be able to strike at any time and we're hopeless with that kind of inconsistency.

Turning up once every handful of games is a VERY risky way of doing business.

Quite apart from this being a derby, we’ve now lost 25% of our league games.

Several important players are well off their games. Add a couple of key injuries and we are looking a bit ragged-arsed much of the time.

Corky hates Pep. Pines for Peter Reid.

Mel Machin actually. Not sure what the new boys will do when Pep goes in May after refusing to sign a new contract beyond 2021.

Leaving us in a far worse position than he took over, and no one sensible would argue about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.