United (a) post-match thread

Right, team selection wrong.
Foden should have started in the middle and Sterling on the right.
Mendy should have started too.
The rags seem to have struck lucky on the times in the season when they play us.
If it were absolutely necessary for us to beat their raggy backsides today then I believe that we would have done.
All that considered, being beaten by THEM is still hard to take.
You're right to say that if we'd have to have beaten them we would have. But in the eyes of Pep and our owners this match meant little. In some ways that means a disconnect between supporters and club. Anyone with half a brain can see that the team sent out today was to fulfil a fixture.. The eye is on the CL. The derby means a lot to us as fans but it's a distraction for the club.

I’ve watched sterling against wan Bissaka (or whatever the rag ****s name is) several times ... and Sterling is scared of taking him on. The rag has got his number and knows Sterling will hide against him

He hadn’t trained all week and my heart sunk
When I saw him and Maguire had been passed fit whilst our main man hadn’t. I feared the worst straight away

He is scared of him, you're right. Watch Sterling in matches, far too often he drifts out of position, hides behind opponents so there is no clear line between him and a City player on the ball. With his speed he should be spinning in behind defenders but instead he comes towards the ball. He's become shit since Arteta left and the coaches at City are failing us by not improving his positioning and attacking threat.

The most pathetic title defence going with 7 losses already topped off by losing to these mongs 3 times since fucking December. Pep really needs to stop overthinking games and chop and changing his team every fucking week. Zero consistency and just when we start to go on abit of a run he changes the team around again, the cups are saving this season because it has felt shite

You're right to say that if we'd have to have beaten them we would have. But in the eyes of Pep and our owners this match meant little. In some ways that means a disconnect between supporters and club. Anyone with half a brain can see that the team sent out today was to fulfil a fixture.. The eye is on the CL. The derby means a lot to us as fans but it's a distraction for the club.
So you expect more of the same against Arsenal and Burnley, because I'll be mightily fucked off if that happens.

The most pathetic title defence going with 7 losses already topped off by losing to these mongs 3 times since fucking December. Pep really needs to stop overthinking games and chop and changing his team every fucking week. Zero consistency and just when we start to go on abit of a run he changes the team around again, the cups are saving this season because it has felt shite

True

Why have I missed something?

I appreciate you didn’t actually say it, but they’ve got zero chance of winning any of those.

They are garbage.

Can you imagine the flak Maureen would have took had he played that way today, even if he’d won?

Who cares? ...because clearly the players didn't.

Personally I really am at pains to understand how so much possession generates so little in the way of goal threat! We are, and continue to be, the most inefficient team in premier league history.

Oh and Ederson, how can it be that when an outfield player misses 2 weeks and 2 games, he's considered to have lost the edge of fitness and some match sharpness and therefore returns as a sub from the bench. Yet with goalkeepers it seems OK to persist with this nonsensical and pointless cup rotation policy that has led to throwing a clearly stale Ederson straight back in.

Today was a wake up call for me. You need a spine of 4 players with expensive back ups in those positions. The rest of the team should not be chopped and changed so much.

I'm over this game already but you have to say our league campaign has been shockingly bad and my concern is how it can be back to previous seasons levels next time around.

No-one has anything like a stellar season and the whole team seems to be deflated and out of form. We have dropped several levels this season so what will turn that around next season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.