United (a) post-match thread

After reading this thread I am not going to watch MOTD2 this evening and maybe I will do what the FA and the Government want without them telling me to!! i.e. I will self isolate and not attend the matches and stay in my home as I am over 70!!! Ah well, they keep telling me it is for my own good. Maybe it is! But if today's game was as bad as it appears from comments on here heaven help our chances of getting any more trophies this season!!

p.s. as if I would give up on Manchester City that easily!! Come on for goodness sake grow a backbone. We are City we fight to the end, the Boys in Blue never give in!! Come on fans in Blue they need us now and they will have to put a leg thingymabob on to keep me in and even then I will defy them!! Even if they put one on that gives out one of those electric shocks you get on electric fences I'd still be at the Etihad. I can't get to the aways but they are not stopping me going to the Etihad!!

And if the lads and lassies on the Eccles coach won't let me travel with them I'll just get the tram!! ner, ner, ner,....................... I doubt that they will do that by the way, they are too kind. My lovely Supporters Club.

The most pathetic title defence going with 7 losses already topped off by losing to these mongs 3 times since fucking December. Pep really needs to stop overthinking games and chop and changing his team every fucking week. Zero consistency and just when we start to go on abit of a run he changes the team around again, the cups are saving this season because it has felt shite

Absolutely spot on. Even now I reckon most of us could name Pep's first team at Barcelona - the same guys pretty much week in, week out. With us, we have no f'ing idea who is gonna be on the team sheet. These are professional athletes in their prime who should not be relying on rotation to get into the team - that takes the competitive edge out of them.

Who cares? ...because clearly the players didn't.

Personally I really am at pains to understand how so much possession generates so little in the way of goal threat! We are, and continue to be, the most inefficient team in premier league history.

Oh and Ederson, how can it be that when an outfield player misses 2 weeks and 2 games, he's considered to have lost the edge of fitness and some match sharpness and therefore returns as a sub from the bench. Yet with goalkeepers it seems OK to persist with this nonsensical and pointless cup rotation policy that has led to throwing a clearly stale Ederson straight back in.

Everything we do is about possession and not getting at teams. How many corners did we take short that ended up going back to moving the ball sideways in midfield?

The usual stop cut inside and try to hit our one man in the box that’s surrounded by 5 players picking off the easy ball.

We should have been taking this game seriously and looking to finish the season strongly in view to taking the momentum into next season. It’s March and we’ve lost 7 games this season, that’s piss poor for where we should be. I hope this gamble with the line up today pays off as it’s a shitter losing to a rag team as poor as that.

Absolutely spot on. Even now I reckon most of us could name Pep's first team at Barcelona - the same guys pretty much week in, week out. With us, we have no f'ing idea who is gonna be on the team sheet. These are professional athletes in their prime who should not be relying on rotation to get into the team - that takes the competitive edge out of them.
Exactly that. It’s the most annoying thing, he isn’t managing an under 10’s team where every kid needs to have a run out. Play the most in form consistent players and the others need to pull their finger out and earn their place in the team

I appreciate you didn’t actually say it, but they’ve got zero chance of winning any of those.

They are garbage.

Can you imagine the flak Maureen would have took had he played that way today, even if he’d won?

Well we keep on saying they are garbage and sure they aren't playing scintillating football but they are unbeaten in ten and have beaten us three times this season. Why can't they win the fa cup or Europa league? They are solid in defence, on the whole have a decent keeper and pace up front. If we draw them in the fa cup I fear they'd do us again. At the moment I am not 100% sure we will get past Newcastle.

We won the league cup but struggled against a poor Villa side. Great result in Madrid but even if we get through do you see us stopping the Bayer or Liverpool attack, or breaking down Atletico?

We are miles away from last season's form and some players need to see a sports psychologist or something because their total drop in form and confidence is baffling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.