United (a) post-match thread

I realise after a derby defeat it may be difficult to stay rational, but even still you’ve done a decent job there of talking them up and talking us down.

When you look at the facts, it’s easier to flip it around.

We have had a poor league season but are otherwise in decent shape. I think today Pep half dropped that game.

Do I think we can win the champions league in context of just the football? I do. Yes. And I say that because on our day we can and have risen above pretty much everything.

KDB and Laporte are key this chance though. Anything is possible with those two. Without them we have no chance.

But why not play the strongest team today and rotate against Arsenal?

its not about rotation or who is the strongest players, pep but a team out today to play the derby and he feels should have had enough to win but we didn't and we move on, people have a short memory and this season city have been hit hard with injuries to key players ? and losing laporte and sane and KDB in and out and the loss of the captain kompany and then mendy finding it hard to find any form, and just the normally little knocks and players missing its been a tough season up to now ??

but we have the league cup back in the bag and still in the FA cup and europe, so if we can find some luck with laporte and sane later on in the season and KDB can shake off that little niggle then we can still have a great season

Hmmm...I would think you could post under the user name of Rosy Scenario :)

Why would all of our players simultaneously drop several levels on previous seasons? Who has had a good season to date (I'd say Aguero but he isn't the player he was at his peak)? What will change so dramatically next season?

So many questions...

The answer to that question is in the question my friend.

The level you are talking about was frankly extraordinary and is not something which can happen season upon season. The work we have done over the last 2 seasons is unparalleled. That is not the norm and certainly not a barometer people should be using to judge us by.

Who cares? ...because clearly the players didn't.

Personally I really am at pains to understand how so much possession generates so little in the way of goal threat! We are, and continue to be, the most inefficient team in premier league history.

Oh and Ederson, how can it be that when an outfield player misses 2 weeks and 2 games, he's considered to have lost the edge of fitness and some match sharpness and therefore returns as a sub from the bench. Yet with goalkeepers it seems OK to persist with this nonsensical and pointless cup rotation policy that has led to throwing a clearly stale Ederson straight back in.
Bravo managed not to be stale when he’s sat on the bench all season There is no excuse for Eddie today, none, it was very poor and he nearly got a hatrick of fuck ups would have been 0:0 but for him even 0:1 if McCann had followed instructions to ass refs

Could've heard a pin drop at Trafford today until they got lucky with their first, unbelievably shite noise. City fans sounded good first half but very quiet second.

KDB and Laporte are key this chance though. Anything is possible with those two. Without them we have no chance.

Absolutely. No other team has had to contend with the injuries we have been through to critical players.

Hopefully Laporte is back for the return CL fixture.

So many players out of position..... Ederson Sterling Zinc WTF..cant be arsed carrying on..C.T.I.D.

I’ve watched sterling against wan Bissaka (or whatever the rag ****s name is) several times ... and Sterling is scared of taking him on. The rag has got his number and knows Sterling will hide against him
Sterling on the left rarely takes anyone on, because he can't cross with his left foot, this is nothing new, not once today did he try the other side where he can cross.

Im not criticising sergio bt if you cant see he is slighty not the player he once was then there is no point - this is age catching up with him...he has had to adapt and has done that marvelously BUT he has lost a bit of the threat he once had..those 2-3 yds burst of pace when he would go past any central defender/fullback is what is now missing - the performance today was nothnng to do with Kun but i was talkign about the fact that we are going to have to replace him at some point very soon and that complicates things hugely in terms of where else we need to strengthen.
Someone tell me, how does Sergio's strike rate this season compare to any of his previous seasons with us ? Has to be right up there. I saw Sergio winning all his leg races today. Had we won 2 - 0 with 28 per cent possession at home, today, as a result of one blatant act of cheating, with fewer shots on target, any reasonable commentator would say we got lucky. They parked the bus and played like Burnley, but they have half a billion pounds worth of players to choose from. Yes, we were not at our best, smothered by the bus, but were far and away the better team.

just written about the same thing hahahaha

we need so luck and get them back sooner and hope to god they don't back down again, but i will state that if we don't win anymore silverware this season bluemoon will be overload and blow up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.