United (a) post-match thread

Must have been watching a different game to some posters

We weren't at our best but we were a million miles from being awful

Apart from 20 minutes before half time we totally dominated the game. If it wasn't for a car crash of a performance by Ederson, the usual shite from Dean and VAR, and poor finishing by Sterling, we'd have won that game comfortably

It is always something that angers fans. Even when we got beat nearly every week we could tolerate it if they left everything on the pitch. A fair few didn't today. Not for the first time we have strolled about thinking we are so superior it's only a matter of time until we score and then got beat. It started against Norwich and the malaise has carried on.
That Norwich result was appalling. I've said it before, but I don't think we ever recovered from that fiasco.

Yes but it’s the same week in week out . We never take our chances I mean villa should have buried first half last week , United in the semi should have been 5-1 etc etc but we are so wasteful it’s starting to piss people off . Sterling misses open nets every week but we laugh it off.
We're not lasering in the shots. When we get near the goal it's like we're kicking a ball that's only half inflated - spongey shots.

God knows how we've already bagged 2 trophies; are still second in the league, in the FA cup and CL.
A bit of luck and opposition being poor has got a few things to do with that. We are no where near the performances we are used to seeing week in week out, that we have witnessed the last 2 seasons. Miles away in fact.

Some of the posts read on this thread are hilarious. Say what u want about the players. But the manager effed up. I saw starting line up and knew we would be beaten.

United are a defensive team, they play counter attack with pace. So why play slow full backs.

Walker should have started over zinchenko.
Gundo was a Def no no. Overall manager got it wrong 100% and is at fault for team selection.
A few called it with that starting line up and got roasted. Not seen any of the roasters hold their hands up funnily enough.

To be honest, Raheem plays his better stuff when David, on the half turn, forces him to run in straight lines at the defence down the left to the line. When he stops and then goes left and right, he slows things down. I don't think he was poor today.
I thought he was next to useless, for starters he offered nothing defensively, which is also part of his job, and that left Zinchenko exposed playing in that inverted role Pep expects, and with Otamendi having a "dive in" day, our whole left side was abysmal, won't single one out, they were all equally shite imho. The right wasn't much better for balance.

No leaders, football so predictable dull and boring to watch Sterling has gone from class to crap in 6 -7 months A big summer transfer wise is needed but because of possible ban we are stymied Yes we won a cup last week it was hardly convincing against a poor relegation threatened Villa .Players who sweated blood for us last season have downed tools,.this time NO true fans can excuse 3 defeats in a season by a very poor united team Our dominance in having the ball is still evident but we are not using it to an end product how many shots on goal today? Also to my admittedly negative stance our great victory in Madrid could be undone before you utter the word VAR If we play after you sir in defence
Is the correct answer..

Totally agree with you. Some on this forum say some weird stuff. Thankfully, Pep's in charge and not some 'he can fuck off' fan. There are plenty of these 'fuck off' types around me in the Family Stand. They don't understand Pep's tactics and are forever screaming 'play faster football' and other nonsense. They don't get the draw the opposition out of shape thing, the way we often focus on the opposition's strongest side of the pitch, the precision 60 yard crossfield pass to the player told to stand on the line and inverted full backs.

we’ve not been very good at executing it though, I’ve found a lot of our games boring this season, partly because many teams park the bus and partly we aren’t very good at picking them apart this year

I think this game was all about the first goal, we were the better side but they did have a few chances on the break that should have been dealt with. None were gilt edged chances though. Ederson's mistake knocked the stuffing out of us, it was a shot that should never have gone in, after a freekick that should never have been given. From there we struggled to control the game, struggled to create chances because we were too afraid of conceding a second.

There was a spell towards the end of the second half, where they were on the ropes but our passing was frustratingly wasteful(all of the midfield were at, it not just Rodi), nothing balls that gave the runners no chance and gave United the breathers they were seeking, by giving them throw-ins or goalkicks.

What they'll hide behind is that they should have had a penalty, it could have been given but it would have been a soft one. Not getting that, merely cancelled out the freekick from a dive that they scored from.

Then we have a case of the United players trying to make the ref's mind up, when he hadn't blown his whistle. Nor should he have, by the current offside rules, with VAR in place. Did I miss something or did we not get a close up showing which part of Aguero was deemed offside? Was the feed we saw on Sky, the actual VAR check in real time or was that just sky looking for one for the viewers? Because they didn't find one on the sky feed and the goal was still ruled out.

If anyone is trying to make out that going level in that game, after going behind, would not have made a difference, they're having a laugh.

Last edited:
End of season feel and a team selection clearly made with future games in mind, not the end of the world, we’ll finish second regardless of today.

I was in their hospitality today and they were absolutely buzzing with that victory in the manner we used to when they were streets ahead of us. We’ve come a long way, and we’ll still be ahead of them for a good while yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.