United (a) post-match thread

Our style of play is shot to bits. It's not working anymore. Our attacking play breaks down far too much too often and too easily. Our passing is laboured from front to back. Our wide payers have stopped making runs/movement off the ball. Our 2 CM's are happy playing sideways and backward passes. It's just not gelling together. Until we can re discover that razor sharp, Precise, crisp, passing and movement then this season has the potential to fizzle out.

Bang on

What really annoys me is so many of our players couldn't give a shit today.

i feel for the paying city fans that went today ? but boy they had some amazing trips and watching city lifting silverware in the past 2 seasons i think the players could be let off today

I would disagree, when the Prem wasn't so competitive, it's churlish to say Manure didn't play good football - until 12 or 13 years ago that is. In truth, Manure fans will quickly shut up about today because they want to see attractive winning football, not the long ball football they play today. OGS gets a free pass because he's an old favourite player. Any other coach, other than the utter elite, would be in line for the sack 1. for the results; 2. the long ball way they play.
The thing is, they’ll take that everytime. They’re not bothered as long as they’re winning and even more so if they beat us. Today we gifted them 3 points and a leg up the table.
Furious about how poor we were. Passing for passing sake, no direct attacking the threat. If the idea of the game was to win on possession stats, we would be unbelievable, but it’s not, and we still haven’t figured out how to break down a parked bus or even put the ball in the net against these.
Play like this v RM and we will be humiliated.

On drugs they were so bad? Come on fella, you need to check yourself here.

Pep is using what he has, he is rotating within injuries because that is how he manages. It’s what he has done here and it would be fair to say he’s been somewhat successful in the process.

To be suggesting some players need to fuck off after the last 2 seasons is a remarkable assessment and not one I can support.

Some had a bad day at the office. That’s all it was.

Shit happens man. We go again.

Ederson and Otamendi were given 3/10 in the MEN ratings and I'd say that was generous. Ederson looked on another planet. Aside from the two howlers for the goals he let one pass go under his foot under no pressure almost gifting them another. Total lack of concentration.

It's still raw and I'll probably look at it differently tomorrow, well a little.

the system is not balanced and we miss a left sided defender to give the switch ball to open the play up on the right, it works so well when laporte plays and its the biggest problem pep has at the moment and the summer the need for a couple lefty to the defence and hope to god the injury bad luck goes away

The sooner we get back to basics the better. Make the pitch as big as possible when attacking by playing wingers on their natural side, hugging the touchline, trying to get in behind and round the sides of packed defences at every opportunity. It would also free up space centrally for De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden or Silva to create the magic.

Defensively, again back to basics. Press like men possessed for 6-7 seconds to try and win possession back quickly, if not get back into shape and start hunting in packs. The odd 'professional' foul throw in for good measure.

Players with a severe lack of pace and/or controlled aggression can leave; I don't have to name names because we all know who.

Doesn’t fuck about when he has a bad game Ederson
Sterling should never play against United or Liverpool, he is not close to deserving a starting place at the moment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.