United (a) post-match thread

For the first time in a long time I’m not actuallybothered about the result. The leagues over and we’ll comfortably finish in the top four anyway.

obviously I hate losing derbies, but I’m the grand scheme of things it’s not that bad. We’ve just won a trophy last weekk

On drugs they were so bad? Come on fella, you need to check yourself here.

Pep is using what he has, he is rotating within injuries because that is how he manages. It’s what he has done here and it would be fair to say he’s been somewhat successful in the process.

To be suggesting some players need to fuck off after the last 2 seasons is a remarkable assessment and not one I can support.

Some had a bad day at the office. That’s all it was.

Shit happens man. We go again.
Totally agree with you. Some on this forum say some weird stuff. Thankfully, Pep's in charge and not some 'he can fuck off' fan. There are plenty of these 'fuck off' types around me in the Family Stand. They don't understand Pep's tactics and are forever screaming 'play faster football' and other nonsense. They don't get the draw the opposition out of shape thing, the way we often focus on the opposition's strongest side of the pitch, the precision 60 yard crossfield pass to the player told to stand on the line and inverted full backs.

The answer to that question is in the question my friend.
The level you are talking about was frankly extraordinary and is not something which can happen season upon season. The work we have done over the last 2 seasons is unparalleled. That is not the norm and certainly not a barometer people should be using to judge us by.
Is it also the case that the level we have been at for the past two seasons has caused some burn-out amongst the players? It was almost two seasons without a break as we had so many players at the 2018 world Cup.
Also, while it might not be right to judge the players after the last two seasons it's particularly galling that the dippers look set to break our points record from 2018 and possibly the combined 198 points from two seasons.

Attitude comes from the top and Pep has treated the derby with a lack of respect since he came. It doesn't matter to him, the overall picture and trophies at the end of the season do. Today's game was never going to have an impact on trophies so he played the reserves and he got the result that attitude deserves. He just doesn't get it, he showed that when he didn't take advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity 2 years ago to win the title by beating United. He'll look back on another trophy, it won't matter that we lost that one game because we won the league anyway. The better (bigger?) we get, the further apart the fans and the club become.

The most worrying thing about this defeat is that this is a manchester derby and too many of the team played like they couldnt be arsed and this was a nothing game. Even peps selection shows this game wasnt a priority. He didn't play walker against united he never rests walker in the big games.

What really annoys me is so many of our players couldn't give a shit today. That really hurts.

It is always something that angers fans. Even when we got beat nearly every week we could tolerate it if they left everything on the pitch. A fair few didn't today. Not for the first time we have strolled about thinking we are so superior it's only a matter of time until we score and then got beat. It started against Norwich and the malaise has carried on.

Some of the posts read on this thread are hilarious. Say what u want about the players. But the manager effed up. I saw starting line up and knew we would be beaten.

United are a defensive team, they play counter attack with pace. So why play slow full backs.

Walker should have started over zinchenko.
Gundo was a Def no no. Overall manager got it wrong 100% and is at fault for team selection.

Obviously I’m pissed off like everyone else so this is the heart talking more than the head but someone tell Pep you get no points for playing good football and walking it in.

We have one way of playing and no plan B when it’s not working. Anyway I’ll finish my beer and hit the hey....Onto Madrid.

I didn't say he did, I said he barely ever beats anyone because he can't cross with his left, and he can't, and he rarely does.
To be honest, Raheem plays his better stuff when David, on the half turn, forces him to run in straight lines at the defence down the left to the line. When he stops and then goes left and right, he slows things down. I don't think he was poor today.

No leaders, football so predictable dull and boring to watch Sterling has gone from class to crap in 6 -7 months A big summer transfer wise is needed but because of possible ban we are stymied Yes we won a cup last week it was hardly convincing against a poor relegation threatened Villa .Players who sweated blood for us last season have downed tools,.this time NO true fans can excuse 3 defeats in a season by a very poor united team Our dominance in having the ball is still evident but we are not using it to an end product how many shots on goal today? Also to my admittedly negative stance our great victory in Madrid could be undone before you utter the word VAR If we play after you sir in defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.