United (A) Post Match Thread

I can't get past some of the bizarre decisions he makes,when the glaringly obvious solutions are staring him in the face.

Yes i know Pep is a genius,and he knows better than any of us.....so i'll cautiously go with your reasoning/thinking for the immediate.

I did say Pep isn't without his faults or blindspots.

Like you, I'd have Foden in the starting eleven, but he was absolutely dogshit in midweek.

I think he also started against United last year in the league defeat at their place, so maybe Pep thought better of it yesterday?

Chelsea losing yesterday puts a different sheen on our own result, as I do think they are contenders this year.

What I will say is that Pep is wrong to think there are certain players he can rely on in big games, he can't.

They are flat-track bullies. We know who they are and I also include Sterling in that equation, under performing when really needed.

I didn't say Pep isn't without his faults or blindspots.

Like you, I'd have Foden in the starting eleven, but he was absolutely dogshit in midweek.

I think he also started against United last year in the league defeat at their place, so maybe Pep thought better of it yesterday?

Chelsea losing yesterday puts a different sheen on our own result, as I do think they are contenders this year.
Foden started the mid week game on fire,he quickly went off the boil i agree but even after that he still offered that ability to change the game,unfortunately,when trying,it just didnt come off for him.Irrespective, his energy and enthusiasm is priceless for me.

He has to be a better bet than the jellyfish twins.

Chelsea was an unexpected Brucie,agreed

I don't wish to boast, but on here yesterday (mid-dayish) I posted "It'll be a dull draw, 0-0 or 1-1",

I've seen it all before and I understand how things work,

he dived..there is minimal contact - walker kicks the end of rashfords foot as its in the air....

This doesnt make people fall over however.....he threw himself to the floor. The commentators on the stream I was watching agreed it would have been very soft (Andy Townsend I belive)...
Sterling goes down easy as does Jesus(however he also takes a good kicking in every game as well)
The cheating twat went down in instalments like Willem Dafoe in Platoon. There was minimal contact and he writhed around as if he'd taken a bullet in his guts. Not a shining example of a role model for all the kids he's helped save from going hungry.

Is Pep really happy with that performance, I've never actually heard him criticise any of our performances no matter how bad they've been. Maybe the players do need a kick up the arse from time to time, talk about being on easy street.

The cheating twat went down in instalments like Willem Dafoe in Platoon. There was minimal contact and he writhed around as if he'd taken a bullet in his guts. Not a shining example of a role model for all the kids he's helped save from going hungry.
Yes he did...the point is that I was discussing with someone else is that a lot of players do this. Its a stain on the game generally.

I don't wish to boast, but on here yesterday (mid-dayish) I posted "It'll be a dull draw, 0-0 or 1-1",

I've seen it all before and I understand how things work,
Yeah, that thought crossed my mind the nearer to kick off we got. Well planned between both managers to settle on a draw before a ball was kicked, the players bought in to it as well

I did say Pep isn't without his faults or blindspots.

What I will say is that Pep is wrong to think there are certain players he can rely on in big games, he can't.

They are flat-track bullies. We know who they are and I also include Sterling in that equation, under performing when really needed.
I think Pep was very wary of Utd counter-attacking us like last season so he put Fernandinho in as insurance. He did his job defensively but he doesn't support the forward play.

KDB had another poor game and the forwards were starved.

We're taking the long game now. No need to challenge now but we need to go on a long unbeaten run which is going to involve home wins and occasional away draws at the better sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.