United (A) Post Match Thread

I don't understand why we have become so negative unless it was being caught on the counter in the Leicester and Spurs games.

At some stage yesterday we needed to change the shape by removing one of the central midfielders and replacing them with Foden.

When Gundo is in there at least we have someone who can see a pass. Very frustrating, I can only hope that Pep is managing his players expecting a very strong second half to the season with them all fit as can be. Let's hope we are still in touch by then

If we are within 5 points at the turn of the year then we could still win the league
I see what you mean with pep but if we won two of the four draws and lost the other two we would be better off
Playing with the handbrake on just doesn’t feel right

No he hasn’t Marvin. He’s our only truly world class player we have. Take him him out and we lose our creativity and driving force. His work rate is sensational. Worryingly he looks like he’s frustrated and it’s affecting him because we just don’t have anyone to take advantage of his speed of thought and passing accuracy. He would be sensational at a team like Bayern with all those technical and pacy players. He needs Bernardo and Phil alongside him and Sergio up top to start seeing the best of him.
Is the correct answer. Currently he is being asked to create, run, press and drive the team effectively on his own. He is not playing well by his standards but there is no more creativity in midfield and the front three are currently offering nothing. Bernardo in the 18/19 season when played regularly in midfield was magnificent both creatively and with the intensity he played at. If given the chance to play there alongside De Bruyne regularly he could be that player again. The fact that Mahrez gets chosen over both Foden and Torres is quite frankly a joke.

Is the correct answer. Currently he is being asked to create, run, press and drive the team effectively on his own. He is not playing well by his standards but there is no more creativity in midfield and the front three are currently offering nothing. Bernardo in the 18/19 season when played regularly in midfield was magnificent both creatively and with the intensity he played at. If given the chance to play there alongside De Bruyne regularly he could be that player again. The fact that Mahrez gets chosen over both Foden and Torres is quite frankly a joke.
He has two defensive midfielders behind him who offer nothing to the attack and mahrez to the right doing fuck all.
Leaves him sterling and Jesus to pass to
He must be getting fed up now, he should be banging on peps door asking what the plan is to sort the mess that is our attacking threat

The problem today was that OGS decided having been knocked out of the CL he was not going to take any risks so they defended at home, whilst City played Fernandinho as extra security. City have been on a good run recently and I think Pep was happy enough to take a point too.

City fans should be the happier. This is not a 100 point season. This is an 85 point season and a point at OT is OK.

With Fernandinho and Rodri and KDB in midfield there was no press in midfield and therefore both sides could pass the ball slowly around the back. I think City are in for a slow and steady rise up the table. We don't have the goal power in this side to blitz all but the weakest sides at home.
Thank fuck for someone writing a bit of grown up sense. Mind you be careful! You’ll be accused of being a ‘happy clapper’ whatever that’s meant to be

hahaha you just reminded me of a comedian who isn’t funny but i’ll let you know that pep is a shithouse and couldn’t let super ole get another on him, and that’s how low we have sunk in last few years.... ole fucking solskjær
Off that play station son and get to bed. School tomorrow

Who cares, I support City and our performance was poor, this is a very poor rag team and we made them look decent.
I care. They're still our biggest and local rivals. So if they're happy they got away with a draw in their real Derby then I'm happy.
I do agree that our performance was poor and they were there for the taking. But some of the derbies during the Ferguson years panned out like that and we got some stuffy draws. Didn't stop them going on to getting much more important results.

Our midfield is shite at the moment
Rodri is a waste of space- not good enough against good teams, too slow and offers nothing
Gundogan is same
Ferna is the only one who goes forward and does it quick, but he is 35!
Add to that we have a non existent left side with two right footed players.
mahrez is awful in any game not against bottom teams and keeps being picked
It’s not hard for the opposition really. Just try to stop kdb and sterling and the rest will just pass sideways for 90 mins

Pretty much sums it up. Just poor transfers over the last few seasons as our best players have left/aged. We haven't replaced them with the same quality.

Need to go fucking huge for attackers and a Fern replacement worthy of the name in the summer transfer window.

We’ve fixed defence.
We’re in the race,
we’ve smashed our chumps group,
we have had no aguero
we lost both derbies last season
We were a zillion points behind at this point last year,
We play every 3 days, so we play more reserved.
There’s lots of time to rectify our flair and Foden will be a part of a more attacking city soon enough.

He has two defensive midfielders behind him who offer nothing to the attack and mahrez to the right doing fuck all.
Leaves him sterling and Jesus to pass to
He must be getting fed up now, he should be banging on peps door asking what the plan is to sort the mess that is our attacking threat

Agreed, having two ultra defensive, slow units alongside you heaps the pressure on from a forward movement perspective. It also then moves the play out wide..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.