United (A) Post Match Thread

We’ve fixed defence.
We’re in the race,
we’ve smashed our chumps group,
we have had no aguero
we lost both derbies last season
We were a zillion points behind at this point last year,
We play every 3 days, so we play more reserved.
There’s lots of time to rectify our flair and Foden will be a part of a more attacking city soon enough.
Well said. All we need to do is play a left footed winger on the left and a right footed winger on the right and we might score some goals

I don't think Pep is being given enough credit at present.

He is trying to manage internal and external circumstances.

We don't need to be at our former brilliant best to win the league this year, he's simply trying to pick our battles.

He absolutely deserves credit for identifying Stones remains a top player and that Laporte had been getting a free pass for some very poor lapses in big games, his terrible injury, notwithstanding.

As I reluctantly commented on Friday in the pre-match thread, United are very dangerous in the front six positions when it comes to transitions, our set-up gave them really little to feed off at any time.

Of course, there are players such as Sterling and Mahrez who appear to getting more leeway from the manager, which certainly yanks my chain and I can't fathom, as they are offering very little in either the attacking phases, putting in token track backs to help cover our full-backs.

All the same, it seems we are the fall guys for having the temerity to not leave our arses hanging out yesterday, just so we can entertain the Sky know-nowt masses and Gary Neville.

When we do turn it on, we get plenty excuses as to why the opponents are at fault.

Plenty Blues, including myself, were calling for Pep to be more pragmatic and the signing of Dias has absolutely given him that option.

For me, we are absolutely one of the favourites for the title as things stand and Pep knows we have to pick our battles right now.

We have been missing David Silva, we have been missing our greatest-ever goalscorer, we have a 36-year-old veteran still our best defensive midfielder, coupled with zero pre-season for the squad.

Presently it isn't the cakewalk we have been accustomed to, but we will continue to grind out results and make our quality and presence known at the top of the table when it starts to count.

Guardiola is certainly not without his faults and blind spots, but he sees the players every day and I have sensed behind the scenes he has a very clear road map of how this season may unfold, with plenty of excitement that this could be our best ever season.

And if it is, surely nobody can be left in any doubt what a genius he really is?

The proof will be in the pudding as they say, but the oven has arguably been on pre-heat and, come February, we can be sure the mix can properly rise.

The best thing to do at present is to avoid getting panicked with results around us, the likes of Everton, West Ham, Leicester, Southampton and Aston Villa won't be contenders.

Spurs and Liverpool will also have their own bad days.

I've calculated we can probably lose another five or six, drawing a couple more, and still be at the business end of around 80 points.

We don't need to be at our former brilliant best to win the league this year, he's simply trying to pick our battles.

He absolutely deserves credit for identifying Stones remains a top player and that Laporte had been getting a free pass for some very poor lapses in big games, his terrible injury, notwithstanding.

As I reluctantly commented on Friday in the pre-match thread, United are very dangerous in the front six positions when it comes to transitions, our set-up gave them really little to feed off at any time.

Of course, there are players such as Sterling and Mahrez who appear to getting more leeway from the manager, which certainly yanks my chain and I can't fathom, as they are offering very little in either the attacking phases, putting in token track backs to help cover our full-backs.

All the same, it seems we are the fall guys for having the temerity to not leave our arses hanging out yesterday, just so we can entertain the Sky know-nowt masses and Gary Neville.

When we do turn it on, we get plenty excuses as to why the opponents are at fault.

Plenty Blues, including myself, were calling for Pep to be more pragmatic and the signing of Dias has absolutely given him that option.

For me, we are absolutely one of the favourites for the title as things stand and Pep knows we have to pick our battles right now.

We have been missing David Silva, we have been missing our greatest-ever goalscorer, we have a 36-year-old veteran still our best defensive midfielder, coupled with zero pre-season for the squad.

Presently it isn't the cakewalk we have been accustomed to, but we will continue to grind out results and make our quality and presence known at the top of the table when it starts to count.

Guardiola is certainly not without his faults and blind spots, but he sees the players every day and I have sensed behind the scenes he has a very clear road map of how this season may unfold, with plenty of excitement that this could be our best ever season.

And if it is, surely nobody can be left in any doubt what a genius he really is?

The proof will be in the pudding as they say, but the oven has arguably been on pre-heat and, come February, we can be sure the mix can properly rise.

The best thing to do at present is to avoid getting panicked with results around us, the likes of Everton, West Ham, Leicester, Southampton and Aston Villa won't be contenders.

I've calculated we can probably lose another five or six, drawing a couple more, and still be at the business end of around 80 points.
I agree with a lot of what you say but I think pep needs to address the Rodri and mahrez issues otherwise we are gonna drop a load more points
Liverpool are 5 clear of us while having a drop off and are going to improve as well
Our attacking threat is a major issue

Thank fuck for someone writing a bit of grown up sense. Mind you be careful! You’ll be accused of being a ‘happy clapper’ whatever that’s meant to be

both teams was setup to defend and sit back ? with united being the home team then its them that should be looking for the win and push on. for me pep is thinking long term and building a more defences style ? maybe for the champions league to stop us crumbling at the back like we do

having a solid defence is key to winning in europe and city this season are learning fast. not many will stop united from scoring or getting a pen or freekick that will lead to a goal ? city only did it once and we defended the freekick
also how many times in the last four season have you seen ederson kicking long and not playing out from the back
pep is working on a new style and without a main striker its hard in the new setup

like i said earlier city will be in the top 2 and will be in the mix for everything because we are learning a new way of playing ? something a lot of people was saying pep has no plan B. well he got a plan B and people still fucking moan

Disappointed we didn't go for their throat yesterday still. Reading comments on here i agree that Pep has been playing a more pragmatic game. I guess he's happy that we are conceding few chances on the counterattack which we all agree is what's cost us in the big games over the last few years. He's ok with the midfield like it or not because they are playing to his instructions and not allowing them to break on us. We will probably not play an expansive game against top opposition as we kept getting done over. We have to make more of our chances. He probably likes Mahrez as he's able to create and score in tight situations. I think we missed Gundogan yesterday (an unpopular view here) as he's been playing well recently and he connects the attack with the midfield better. We had chances, we need a top class physical centre forward to finish them. Positives were Stones, Cancello and Torres, when he came on, having good games.

Yeh yeh yeh that’s all very good but all we want to know of you tolm is are we signing Messi? Only joking :) Very well put and agree with everything you said there.

I think some of the comments regarding pep and the team show how little some of the people on bluemoon actually know about football, to call pep a coward, you haven't got a fucking clue, we were solid, we didn't let united use their only weapon, we created 2 or 3 good chances, a bit better form from sterling and mahrrez and we would of won that 1 nil, solid point, and on to wba at home, 3 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand,

Woe is fucking me

I have a hazy recollection back to the olden days when we used to go to watch it used to flash up on the screen why the incident was being reviewed. It seemed that even the commentators were guessing at first.
I will have another look at Rashford Oscars performance soon but if City players start doing what he did l think l won't be renewing my season ticket.
he dived..there is minimal contact - walker kicks the end of rashfords foot as its in the air....

This doesnt make people fall over however.....he threw himself to the floor. The commentators on the stream I was watching agreed it would have been very soft (Andy Townsend I belive)...
Sterling goes down easy as does Jesus(however he also takes a good kicking in every game as well)

I can't get past some of the bizarre decisions he makes,when the glaringly obvious solutions are staring him in the face.

Yes i know Pep is a genius,and he knows better than any of us.....so i'll cautiously go with your reasoning/thinking for the immediate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.