United (A) Post Match Thread

Looks a slightly better point now with Spurs dropping two against Palace.

slightly? Give over... we had by far the best weekend out of any side that could remotely be considered challengers (bar Leicester who haven’t played yet).

I was banging on and on and.. on yesterday how we got it right and that a point away and a clean sheet against the big sides will be the actions of the team crowned champions come the end of the campaign. The points tally is going to be mega, mega low.

put it this way.. I think any team within 6 points come January.. and can then put together a decent run of wins into Spring and you will probably win it.

The results this weekend since we played have proved me right about our result yesterday.

Seems I was right about the other contenders this weekend ;)
You were this weekend chap... Only Mariner (sp) and PGMOL can explain why the Fabinho foul didn't lead to a spot kick and why a player can be penalised for having his arms into his chest and conceding a handball... Trent had his arms out at 90 fucking degrees to his body that time and nothing..

To be fair, they can stick their ballot this season for me, the game's totally gone

I'd liken yesterday to exactly the same set-up and performance as the 0-0 at Anfield two seasons ago, when FFS missed a last-minute penalty.

Both teams hardly had a sniff, both Mendy and Walker weren't allowed to go beyond the wide man, and it was slagged off as a spectacle.

Barring that, everybody said Pep had his tactics spot-on.

United's weaknesses are blown completely out of proportion, they will be top six and are currently better set up in the final third than we are.

Spurs drawing at Palace today shows you the playing field has been seriously levelled this season.

Personally I've been so surprised by the reaction to last night. We played a controlled game and ensured United couldn't counter us.

The reality is we now only play Chelsea who are a genuine title contender between now and February. The rest of the games are all winnable and if we do so we'll probably be top of the league.

Neville was the one who pissed me off the most. He used his platform to say that City should essentially pile forward and play into the trap of a team that solely want to counter attack. It was shite having to listen to him and Tyler.

slightly? Give over... we had by far the best weekend out of any side that could remotely be considered challengers (bar Leicester who haven’t played yet).

I was banging on and on and.. on yesterday how we got it right and that a point away and a clean sheet against the big sides will be the actions of the team crowned champions come the end of the campaign. The points tally is going to be mega, mega low.

put it this way.. I think provided we are within 6 points come January.. then put together a decent run of wins into Spring and you probably win it.

The results since we played proved me entirely right.
Yep looks even better now that Liverpool have just dropped points as well.

Good weekend overall.

We look so Solid at the back, it’s a matter of time before we start scoring, can’t believe the criticism on Pep on our performance.
We didn’t get beat which I would take all day long against them.
There’s more then 1 way to win the league then all out attack.
After the rest of the weekend results it looks a belting point.

Personally I've been so surprised by the reaction to last night. We played a controlled game and ensured United couldn't counter us.

The reality is we now only play Chelsea who are a genuine title contender between now and February. The rest of the games are all winnable and if we do so we'll probably be top of the league.

Neville was the one who pissed me off the most. He used his platform to say that City should essentially pile forward and play into the trap of a team that solely want to counter attack. It was shite having to listen to him and Tyler.

Hadn't thought about it like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.