United (A) Post Match Thread

Reading this thread you'd think we lost.

Wasn't a great game but we nullified the counter attack and looked solid in defence. Once Sergio returns (IF / When) we'll start to score more goals. We've literally played a 3rd of the season with 1 striker who's not an out and out goalscorer and sit only 6pts - 8pts from top with a game in hand.

It's certainly not all doom and gloom as a few in here think.

It feels like, because of covid / 2 games per week / concerns over tiredness & injuries ... Pep has asked everyone to conserve energy, play within themselves & not go gung-ho.

The result so far is too many draws & missed opportunities.
Whether it will pay off by the end of the season, we just don't know yet.

Tyler said that Kavanagh is from Manchester but hadn't declared an allegiance for either side, otherwise he wouldn't be reffing the game, before adding "but he doesn't live there now." Hmm.
Yes - Kavanagh & Taylor are both Mancunians, so very odd that they can referee City & United regularly, never mind referee Manchester derbies.

What is the likelihood that 2 people really interested in football / who have dedicated their careers to it, who grew up in Manchester ... have no feelings at all about either City or United ?

The cheating twat went down in instalments like Willem Dafoe in Platoon. There was minimal contact and he writhed around as if he'd taken a bullet in his guts. Not a shining example of a role model for all the kids he's helped save from going hungry.

It was exactly the same tackle which earned Danny Welbeck a last-minute pen against Liverpool the other week.

It was a penalty yesterday and Walker has plenty of form for stupidly sticking a foot out.

I'd liken yesterday to exactly the same set-up and performance as the 0-0 at Anfield two seasons ago, when FFS missed a last-minute penalty.

Both teams hardly had a sniff, both Mendy and Walker weren't allowed to go beyond the wide man, and it was slagged off as a spectacle.

Barring that, everybody said Pep had his tactics spot-on.

United's weaknesses are blown completely out of proportion, they will be top six and are currently better set up in the final third than we are.

Spurs drawing at Palace today shows you the playing field has been seriously levelled this season.

I really hope you are right about the other “contenders” TH.. Don’t see it myself sadly.
I spent time in the military and whilst I was taught you have to pick your battles to win wars there’s another lesson I took into Civvy live that worked well for me which was “always take your chances” i.e. don’t miss an opportunity and that’s what the game was yesterday for me.. an opportunity to put the rags to the sword.. everybody expected it but it didn’t materialise.. I don’t consider the decision to play for a point to be pragmatism from Pep, I saw it as cowardice.. let’s see who was right come the end of the season

Seems I was right about the other contenders this weekend ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.