United (A) Post Match Thread

LOL the fucking tyler comment after Silva does a fairly common flick to direct the ball onto Jesus who is behind him in space as the defender presses towards Silva (around the 53rd min).

"Maybe a little bit early for arrogance... a fine dividing line between super confident which they are entitled to be and arrogant which they are NOT"

You can bet if that was Sancho or PR7 he would be jizzing about the free flowing football, can tell he was hurting to comment on such an innocuous thing.

Good - were we watching the same match? Every time a City player blew on a United player, it was a foul. Yet they could kick us with impunity and nothing. That penalty - jeez, if you ever wanted evidence of sheer corruption. It wouldnt surprise me if Oliver received strict instructions beforehand to keep the score respectable. There is no other possible explanation for the no-pen decision and Stockley's refusal to over-turn it.
Spot on. No other explanation other than corruption.

Telles does get a little touch of the ball first, although it's only by luck as he's clearly looking to swipe at it and it brushes the side of his foot. Then he straight up kicks Jesus in the ankle. It's an out of control tackle.

They're given outside the box every time.
I’ve seen a couple of angles and I’d probably err on the same side, that he probably glances it by a hair’s width, but as you say - anywhere else on the pitch (or any other penalty area in Greater Manchester for that matter) and that’s a penalty.

IIRC the laws of the game say nothing about ball first - I believe it’s a careless lash and therefor a foul. If it were the other end of the pitch and Cancelo on Ronaldo you can bet your bottom dollar it’s a different outcome.

I’ve seen a couple of angles and I’d probably err on the same side, that he probably glances it by a hair’s width, but as you say - anywhere else on the pitch (or any other penalty area in Greater Manchester for that matter) and that’s a penalty.

IIRC the laws of the game say nothing about ball first - I believe it’s a careless lash and therefor a foul. If it were the other end of the pitch and Cancelo on Ronaldo you can bet your bottom dollar it’s a different outcome.
Exactly. If he'd got the exact same little touch, but it was intentional, then I'd see the argument against a foul.

But it wasn't, so it should have been a foul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.