United (A) Post Match Thread

There's no real insight into the game from his comments. He's little more than entertainment value to be honest, a refreshing change of personality from Souness and Keane.
Nedum seems to have a greater tactical knowledge of the game. As @the-ecstacy-of-eight says, Micah seems to be winging it every week.
As I said, that's just Micah. He adds a bit of emotion & entertainment to the more surgical analysis on offer. I think he adds contrast to the punditry line ups.

I just don't understand why so many Blues seem so bothered by what he says on telly, & how he acts. He's the same kid we watched grow up, who swore on live TV & became one of our few beacons of hope during some of our dreariest days. He is who he is.

Last edited:
Sorry I disagree. Not all strikers are goal hangers who are only good at clinically sticking the ball in the onion bag. Many are talented footballers who can drop deep to defend from the front, can create & can score too.

Pep knows the type he needs/wants, & that's why we've shown a keen interest in Kane & Haaland. I watched as Ronaldo walked around the pitch yesterday, only concerning himself with the game when ManUre were on the attack. Would Pep accept that???? No chance!

Pep showed an evolution in how he approaches games yesterday & long may it continue. We were comfortable & relatively untroubled because of the team & formation he picked. I noticed that we didn't look like making a substitution, & why should we when things were going great, & ManUre looked less likely to score as the game progressed to its conclusion.

We could have kept the same level of possession control with the right kind of striker, AND been more clinical in front of goal too. I reckon if we were 4, 5, or 6 goals up, Pep would have made substitutions, as the match would have been safe, & to give other players the chance to share in the glory of a derby victory.

We need that clinical striker to make the difference in close matches, or matches where we dominate & keep getting undone by a more clinical opposition like PSG & the Dippers. That's when our lack of a striker becomes most telling.

I didn't say we don't need a central striker but when we have one then it will change the shape of the team and the chances that we create will be different.
Kane is a quality striker but he would have to adjust significantly in a Pep team. He seems to spend a lot of time just walking around and his work rate would have to increase a lot. Not for me at £150m. Haaland looks a completely different animal though.

Reactions: dom
Ian Ure that's a blast from the past..I remember him fouling Franny in the League cup semi 1st leg at Maine Road and Franny smashed in the pen..
He was a dirty twat..
We used to call him Crazy Horse. That was when we didn’t call him Urine!

The more you look at the replay of Ronaldo's challenge on KDB, what was his intent if it wasn't trying to do him?

The ball was long gone, KDB was already down, it should have been a straight red, chalk that up to another weak decision from the weakest ref in the league.

You can feel free to change weakest for many other words.
I didn’t notice it live, but after seeing it on motd it’s definitely a straight red.
Cunts challenge.
I can also 100% guarantee if we’d have got away with that yesterday (we wouldn’t), it’d be on a loop on Sky till one of our players get charged for violent conduct.
They’ve got form.

It was clear yesterday on Sky as soon as the final whistle went and the booing started, the statium sounds was turned off. I have never noticed it before but it was so obvious yesterday, booing than silence. Ok not 100% silent but the booing was 'taken out'
How could there be any booing. Most of the United fans had buggered off by the time the final whistle went.

Telles does get a little touch of the ball first, although it's only by luck as he's clearly looking to swipe at it and it brushes the side of his foot. Then he straight up kicks Jesus in the ankle. It's an out of control tackle.

They're given outside the box every time.
The ball brushes his foot due to it's trajectory. He then trips Jesus. Penalty all day long for me. It didn't matter in the scheme of things. Just a bit shit from the officials for us, yet again.

I didn't say we don't need a central striker but when we have one then it will change the shape of the team and the chances that we create will be different.
Kane is a quality striker but he would have to adjust significantly in a Pep team. He seems to spend a lot of time just walking around and his work rate would have to increase a lot. Not for me at £150m. Haaland looks a completely different animal though.
Obviously any player would have to adapt to Pep's way of playing. Many players past & present have mentioned how Pep changed their game, & how they look at the game tactically. The same will happen with a clinical goal scorer.

We will make the necessary adjustments with a clinical striker to ensure we can retain possession, but to also kill off teams when the opportunities present themselves. If we weren't in urgent need of such a player, we wouldn't have bid a reported £130m for Kane last summer. The fact we did shows where our squad priorities will lie next summer, unless Torres & Delap surprise everyone & prove to be the solutions to our striking problems, right under our noses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.