United (A) Post Match Thread

Nedum is rising up the ranks at the BBC now as well, regular on 5Live, expect he'll be on MOTD2 soon enough if he hasn't been already.
I remember seeing him recently do a bit with some relatively small youtube channel. Those kind of things might be in his contract but regardless, he gave great answers and was fully focused.

Sorry if already posted, but from the caf:

Fine margins, tbh. I don't think anyone could have watched that game and come to the conclusion that we couldn't have turned it around at any point with just a little bit for luck. A loose 50/50 here, a poor pass there, but we dug in, hit them on the counter a few times and looked generally threatening.

Got to be a city fan who wrote that.
I had a look before and the overwhelming takeaway for the vast majority on there is that they were humiliated, OGS is fucking useless and they don't expect anything from the owners.

It made for very pleasant reading tbf.

A ruthlessly Professional job. This is the team & formation I was hoping Pep would pick, & as a result we demolished ManUre WORSE than the Dippers did. Yes they scored 5, but the way we dominated them on their own ground, will psychologically damage them.

HOWEVER, today highlighted our need for a clinical, world class striker. De Gea saves in the first half were nothing short of sensational. Added to some errant efforts on our behalf, this match could have been very different if Bernardo hadn't scored, or if ManUre managed to pull a goal back.

We were totally dominant, but 0-2 still felt too close for comfort, considering our domination. I keep saying this every week, we need an out & out striker. Hopefully Torres will be back soon, & Delap will get fit enough to challenge for a place in the first team squad.

All in all, a satisfying end to an impressive week, ESPECIALLY after the Palace horror show last Saturday... )(
There was no threat to our domination. The worst thing they could have done was score. We'd have promptly moved out of 2nd gear and run up a score. They knew what they were facing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.