United (A) | Post Match Thread

I think it shows how bad the decision was that nobody’s even mentioned the full back just barging Marhez over from behind 6/7 times without a booking or Ratty not getting booked for Marhez tackle with studs 2ft in the air or when he fouled again 30 seconds later

I digress, we’re currently awful
I did shout at the TV about that subject.

We are not currently awful but we are not at our best. We were the better team today and lost late on as a direct consequence of an appalling refereeing decision.

Ignore the offside goal - we had 2 shots in the first half. In the second, apart from the goal, did we have any?
Disappointing in the extreme to have all that possession and barely create a decent chance. We had a couple of penalty shouts, but I wasn't convinced about any of them.
United had several great chances in the first half and could have been 2 or 3 up if they'd taken them.
At O.T. we know we're gonna get shafted by the officials and we were royally shafted today - from the offside to the multiple spoiling fouls on Mahrez - all by the same player, who didn't get a card until the 80th minute,or so. You have to get ahead and totally throttle the scum, so the ref can't win it for them.
It was better in some ways than recent performances but we're still lacking. Hopefully, we'll have enough to do Spurs at home on Thursday. I hate losing - especially a derby - but, we didn't do enough on the day to overcome everything that confronts you at O.T. when their tails are up.

I think it shows how bad the decision was that nobody’s even mentioned the full back just barging Marhez over from behind 6/7 times without a booking or Ratty not getting booked for Marhez tackle with studs 2ft in the air or when he fouled again 30 seconds later

I digress, we’re currently awful
They always get away with endless fouls against us. Malacia could have been booked three times in the first 20 mins.

Yep,and many wont like it....but we also need some new inspiration and ideas from the bench.Whether that is in the form of coaches or the boss.....im not yet sure.
This is where Pep earns his money, his system has been worked out with Haaland in the mix, if we revert to the false 9 using Alvarez where does that leave Erling? Otherwise we have to play a different faster system to get the ball to him, its to easy to mark him out the game now, someone else needs to be in there to occupy the defenders. Do we switch to a wing back systemor go 442 although I highly doubt the latter. Pep on the bench looks void of ideas at the moment, we are too predictable.

Always remember Pep hailing Lilo’s virtues. I know I am a broken record on this subject, but think Pep needs a strong assistant like Torrent, Arteta, Lillo.
Lilo always worried me as seems like he was as odd as they come tactically and if Pep had considered something mad like Cancelo on the right wing, he'd have encouraged it. But it worked (if you ignore the no defensive midfielder in the CL final...).

Any manager needs people to tell them they're wrong. One thing Taggart always had, and probably explains some of his longevity, was good assistants, most of whom thought they could be a manager themselves. I'm not sure we've got that now and would be concerned that we've got yes men who don't think they've got the ability to challenge his suggestions.

folk moaning about the system etc etc it was all down to a bent decision ....... how the Fook can a player clearly interrupted play can be deemed onside ....... seriously your fooked if that’s the case

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.