United (A) | Post Match Thread

Ignore the offside goal - we had 2 shots in the first half. In the second, apart from the goal, did we have any?
Disappointing in the extreme to have all that possession and barely create a decent chance. We had a couple of penalty shouts, but I wasn't convinced about any of them.
United had several great chances in the first half and could have been 2 or 3 up if they'd taken them.
At O.T. we know we're gonna get shafted by the officials and we were royally shafted today - from the offside to the multiple spoiling fouls on Mahrez - all by the same player, who didn't get a card until the 80th minute,or so. You have to get ahead and totally throttle the scum, so the ref can't win it for them.
It was better in some ways than recent performances but we're still lacking. Hopefully, we'll have enough to do Spurs at home on Thursday. I hate losing - especially a derby - but, we didn't do enough on the day to overcome everything that confronts you at O.T. when their tails are up.

Ignore the offside goal!

We scored, we were in control, we played Rashford offside and play should have been stopped...

The chances that we would have lost that game if the officials had not fucked up are very very low.

WHAT?!!!!! Ever heard of perspective? Or are you and a few others just entitled? We don't win the league - boo hoo sack everyone.
You are better off taking a more reflective view. Sure, the team is not playing like we know they can but we were shafted today and still possess an unbelievable coach and players.
It may well be that this season ends up somewhat transitional but let's give it a bit longer before we sack the manager and players.

This isnt a situation that has happened over night,our football has become increasingly boring and predictable over a period of some time.

Officiating could have been very different today,but ultimately we were shite......and that was the issue,despite your need to find an excuse.

so,how long do we leave it in your blue blinkered world?

Yep,and many wont like it....but we also need some new inspiration and ideas from the bench.Whether that is in the form of coaches or the boss.....im not yet sure.

You’re one of my favourites on here. More for the caricature you play than for anything else. I think it’s the way you think you’re intelligent yet come out with some of the most stupid (Marvin-esque) views on here. It’s particularly amusing when you view old threads and see how spectacularly wrong you end up being.

Definitely someone who lives in the moment and lacks any sort of perspective or bigger picture as to how things will pan out later down the line.

Keep up the great work. I might bookmark this one and we can reconvene if you like? :)

I did shout at the TV about that subject.

We are not currently awful but we are not at our best. We were the better team today and lost late on as a direct consequence of an appalling refereeing decision.

I say we’re awful but I’m talking relative

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.