United (A) | Post Match Thread

Only go to see the highlights. Not sure where to start and at this point I see no reason to have a go at the players. The team has clearly hit a bump and we are now struggling to win games.

You got to take the rough with the smooth. The cheating aside which is always more prevalent when we are struggling. Hammering teams leaves the corrupt refs on the sidelines and unable to impact results. Time to reflect on
what a magnificent run over the last 10 plus seasons. I genuinely don’t care that we got beat by united. Any team is capable of causing us problems at the minute. Nothing stays the same. The club will continue to try and play the pep way. Throwing away our identity because we are not playing well is not going to happen.

Take this season as what it is. We will be inconsistent now until the summer. Maybe we will win a trophy and maybe not. Regroup and see who needs to be replaced. Get behind the manager and show our support.

We will be back. Rebuild the squad while trying to remain competitive is a big job. Buying the wrong players can cause years of stagnation. Never mind trying to replace a world class coach.

Time we sorted out a few problem positions and back the manager with the players he wants. Someone who can pass through the lines would be a welcome addition.
A very sensible and balanced post.

I suggest the result today is put to bed. We are not yet half way through the season and have been in worse positions than this and won the league. The World Cup impact is distorting people's views.

I'm going to have put my phone down and enjoy my Saturday night soon, but I'm still fuming. More fuming than I've been at a decision since Trent's handball at Anfield, and even then I'm angrier here. I can't remember a decision having that much impact on a game in my life. They know it, we know it, the press know it, the only people who don't know it are the BT Studio and Ten Hag.

We aren't in a great space, but we were getting our swagger back in that half. I'm still personally not giving up on the season, but maybe this isn't our year. But it's a fucking shocking refereeing decision that has no place at this level of the game.

1) Defense was awful and this one is totally Pep's fault.
2) the ref was really, really bad, when you see all the fouls on Mahrez for example and no yellow cards or whatsoever.

No one expects a win every game at all, and why are fans who are concerned by the way we are playing mardarses? I understand support mate, season ticket holder in 2nd division, watched us get beat by stockport County at home, visited most shit hole grounds following City, but we are supposed to have the best manager in the world, the best striker in the world, yet we are not playing well at all, so should we all just be blinkered and pretend all is well? Or can people not be entitled to an opinion without being called a mardarse, a fanny wipe or bipolar?
I guess the point would be it may make time. This team has for a few years now not played a striker and as such the personnel we have and the way we play was suited to that. I know after the start everyone expected it had just clicked instantly but it may need time for pep to learn how to setup with haaland and still have the control he desires. Alternatively, he may go back to pre 18-19 and the SAS attack with pace on either flanks and sacrifice some control ( I believe he changed though as teams were sitting deeper and countering so he didn’t want to have a basketball game). May see some big personnel changes in summer which would indicate whether we are going to evolve again

Its far from fully transparent. But to be fair to him, i thought the linesman flagged for offside, the runt rushed over to him kicking off saying he wasnt offside (which he wasnt).

The ref went over to the lino, who told him he flagged rashford offside but ref said he hadnt touched the ball so the ref was going to allow the goal. No VAR involvement. Clearly demonstrating the ref doesn’t understand the laws of the game…..

I maybe slightly off but thats my take for what its worth
You maybe be absolutely right but what I’m saying is why var didn’t over rule that call?
He didn’t even go to the monitor like it happens all the time if there’s any doubt or disagreement.

It's hardly a blue blinkered world. People are not stupid. We can all see there are issues but we've had similar before (remember the 1 all v West Brom and the poor play leading up to that? It's up to the manager and players to get us playing better again although there is still an awful lot to play for. And if they can't sort it out then hope at least to get top 4 which is the minimum aim.
I'm pretty sure the squad and Pep will get us playing better but we are in a rarified air right now and we sre talking about a drop off from the highest standards. So all I'm saying is we should get a better sense of perspective or else we run the risk of being entitled.

Its not entitlement,its expectation based on then quality we have at our disposal.

Right now,we arent getting the best out of it and that problem needs solving before the rot sets in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.