United (A) | Post Match Thread

He was literally blocking Akanji from getting to the ball. Had he not been there Akanji (or Ederson) would have cleared the ball. And he didn’t actually slow down.

It’s just farcical. I don’t know how else to describe it. The more I watch it the more it seems up is down, left is right, and offside is now onside.

This is 1984 levels of live revisionism.

Fishfingers is a lying bastard.

Despite the farcical decision with the wannabe prime minister for their equaliser, the big problem remains.
Pass the ball about endlessly, eventually get near the opposition penalty box, pass back to nidfield and then pass back to Ederson.
When we gave up on this tactic at the start of the 2nd half, we opened them up and got the goal. After that however, go back to default setting.
How the f**k did we turn into this.

He makes no attempt to play the ball (we are quoting the same thing BTW).

Why cant the defenders make a tackle...he doesnt block them

Ederson is not impeded....Rashford does not stop Ederson moving towards the ball (which is what it says)

Yes I agree as Ive said numours times....Rashford affected the decision making of Akanji and Walker.....but he did nothing to physically stop them playing the ball and thats what the law implies.....
So your saying Rashford was interfering with play then?

Having taken the lead we should either bottle it up or go for the jugular, but we seem to do nowt and choose an in between mode that spells defeat.
Today i can kind of let slide. We were no doubt shafted. The players knew. Probably lost some composure (understandable) and they got the 2nd quickly.

But in general we just dont seem to have something. A Leader maybe. A Kompany/Keane/souness type. Do they even exist anymore?

How have you reacted when faced with an injustice for example, at work?
Mentality is fine but I know I've reacted when faced with unfairness as would most people.
As I said mentality, aggrieved, you push to make things right. You just don’t give in, and normally we would go again. You don’t feel sorry for yourself. Life has lots of injustices.

Whatever Akanji could do, whatever St Bruno mouthed, and no matter how much of an Irish jig, foxtrot, tango or Viennese waltz Rashford was gonna perform, without actually touching the ball, the goal was always gonna stand. VAR was not chalking off a Rag equaliser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.