United (A) | Post Match Thread

That’s where the mentality kicks in. In previous seasons we would have picked ourselves up and gone onto win the game.
When we go behind do we pull it back too often? Dont have the stats so its a gut feeling but we dont seem to me to be able to come back as often as you’d like.

Wan-Bissaka took the absolute piss out of us today. Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Not some younger brother, new kid on the block kind of shit. Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

People talk about refereeing decisions but unless he was giving him a fucking piggyback then it doesn't excuse how fucking shite we were.
We have been done by fucking Ashley Young and James Milner this season. These 200 year old guys were playing like some best Full backs against us when we played them. This season has been bad on some levels and we played Villa in first week of September. Problems were surfacing even then

He was literally blocking Akanji from getting to the ball. Had he not been there Akanji (or Ederson) would have cleared the ball. And he didn’t actually slow down.

It’s just farcical. I don’t know how else to describe it. The more I watch it the more it seems up is down, left is right, and offside is now onside.

This is 1984 levels of live revisionism.

Clever?? That is a new one. Perhaps we should instruct Haaland to do the same. Although I am not sure we will get the same decision.

Last edited:
When we go behind do we pull it back too often? Dont have the stats so its a gut feeling but we dont seem to me to be able to come back as often as you’d like.
Having taken the lead we should either bottle it up or go for the jugular, but we seem to do nowt and choose an in between mode that spells defeat.

Despite the farcical decision with the wannabe prime minister for their equaliser, the big problem remains.
Pass the ball about endlessly, eventually get near the opposition penalty box, pass back to midfield and then pass back to Ederson.
When we gave up on this tactic at the start of the 2nd half, we opened them up and got the goal. After that however, go back to default setting.

Other than the goal we didnt have any shots on target and we couldn't find Haaland with a Sat Nav.Our passing was sideways and our play lethargic,there was zero creativity or excitement.

Yes its a fucked up season....but it is for every one.
I think we caused them problems before and up to the goal in the 2nd half. True, I found it somewhat alarming that Haaland was reduced to a peripheral figure and yes no cutting edge again. But the rags are in a rich grain of form and until Atwell and Co intervened apart from a couple of chances for Rashford they were not really in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.