United (A) | Post Match Thread

I take your point but they're human and when you're blatantly cheated by an official who is either incompetent, corrupt or both it will affect you.
Most people would lose focus when put in a situation like that knowing you've basically been royally shafted.
That’s where the mentality kicks in. In previous seasons we would have picked ourselves up and gone onto win the game.

So, if Spurs beat or draw with Arsenal tomorrow, then not a great deal has changed has it, other than the rags being 3 points better off?

Last edited:
He is given offside. It was the first offence.
Not necessarily if the officials considered him like they did today “not interfering”. In a weird quirk, if Akanji had got back and in desperation wiped rashford out they would have got the foul and Akanji would have been sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity.

I know that sounds mad but its in the laws. Just take that level of stupidity in for a moment….

In hindsight all the players should have turned and held their hands up for offside and walked.. as I think it would have been blown there and then as he was so far off and Bruno wasn’t in the picture.

We were actually punished for playing to the whisle. Absolute joke.
Yes and Pep tells our boys to play to the whistle because there's a general expectation that there will be honesty and equity from the ref whoever it is.

He was literally blocking Akanji from getting to the ball. Had he not been there Akanji (or Ederson) would have cleared the ball. And he didn’t actually slow down.

It’s just farcical. I don’t know how else to describe it. The more I watch it the more it seems up is down, left is right, and offside is now onside.

This is 1984 levels of live revisionism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.