United (A) | Post Match Thread

Rashford was offside,Fernandes wasn't.

Rashford never touched the ball so the rules don't cover interfering with play in the manner in which you claim.He didn't ACTIVELY obstruct Akanji,who waas 2 yards behind and never getting back,neither did he obstruct Walker or Ederson.

Rashfords presence most definitely affected the decisions of the our players,but seemingly that isn't against the rules and is the reason the officials came to their decision.

And just in case you are confused.....once again,i agree that it is bollocks and the game has gone if that is deemed a legitimate goal.
This is as bad as F1 the other year where they got a new champion by screwing over Hamilton, never watched it since. Turning into WWF and football is heading the same way.

Rashford was offside,Fernandes wasn't.

Rashford never touched the ball so the rules don't cover interfering with play in the manner in which you claim.He didn't ACTIVELY obstruct Akanji,who waas 2 yards behind and never getting back,neither did he obstruct Walker or Ederson.

Rashfords presence most definitely affected the decisions of the our players,but seemingly that isn't against the rules and is the reason the officials came to their decision.

And just in case you are confused.....once again,i agree that it is bollocks and the game has gone if that is deemed a legitimate goal.

It is actually quite clear what the correct interpretation of the rule is in this case.

I still cannot begin to believe that even at Old Trafford, even a man not fit to referee a lunch time game in a school playground could possibly allow such a "goal". City were a long way from their best but I should remind our supporters who try to identify "the real reasons" we lost that goals do really change games and that the winner followed shortly after while City were still in some disarray provoked by an official who allowed the crowd to make his decisions for him. I would also say that this is the official who allowed 8000 Brighton fans to send Cancelo off for being fouled by Danny Welbeck back in 2021 and then allowed them not to award City a blatant penalty in the dying minutes at 3-2 down. It's also relevant to point out that if City were not at their best when Attwell intervened they were still considerably better than their opponents, who did not look like scoring without "some help". Dodgy goals, incompetent (or worse) refs and "sympathetic" officials - the rags certainly are back.

PS I have written this after having 24 hours to cool down.
That Brighton game also had "the pundits" purring over the physicality we received on the pitch that game.
One, Karen Carney couldn't contain herself, telling the world "this is what you have to do to this City side".
The ref was inept again

We can't because the rules are interpreted differently for us... First half yesterday the same lino flagged Foden OS when A. He's apparently not supposed to do and B. Foden wasn't f*cking OS
Also don’t forget the Everton player who was ruled offside against united despite being on the floor when the ball rebounded towards him and moving out the way of the ball

All the shite have come out if the woodwork, lice coming out of dried wood after years of hiding. The snidey cnuts. All of a sudden, the in thing is jogging with a rag shirt on.
And none of them fit quite right, like they’ve not bought one for the last 5 years. The away one isn’t really white, it’s a grey overwashed colour. Wankers

We need to alter tactics to adjust to Oliverball.

Put two men including an outsize Viking in an offside position in the opposing penalty area. Get them running, jumping and slaloming around the goalie to distract him Until he’s dizzy.

Long ball, quick break and slide the ball between our offside pair and the disoriented GK. Goal!!!! Gerrin you bastard!

Get on it please, Pep.

I wonder if they will change the law now like they did after our goal at Villa, what is stop Haaland standing in the 18 yard box from now on with no intention of touching the ball, it would cause mayhem. All he has to do is stand there the keeper will need an eye on him the ball is played to him he lets it run past, wtf does the keeper and any defender do. The league have created a huge mess with this decision now and let’s see how many others try it and it gets ruled out.
My thoughts exactly as i was waking the mutt this morning. Just go and stand in the box.

How does akanji not get the ball if rashford is not there. He’s 100 interfering with the action and also the decision making if Ederson.

If when the ball was played through and rashford knowing he is offside stops and the ball carries on and fernandes collects the ball and scores then yeah fair fucks.

But. That is not what happened he ran after the ball and shielded it before fernandes can get involved and the only way he can get involved is because rashford has interfered with the play.

Are we now saying we can just stick a forward right up top and play over the top every time for the forward to shield before someone else gets involved to score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.