United (A) | Post Match Thread

Well let’s try it ourselves next match, stick a player, Foden let’s say on the edge of the penalty area at all times, he’s offside but it doesn’t matter- let him drag defenders towards himself and but the keeper in two minds where to position himself, but he doesn’t touch the ball and just Haaland come in and smash the ball in the net - I’m sure it won’t be ruled out for offside-oh wait - of course it would! We are not United

It’s fucking ridiculous that our players are scared of giving the ball away when trying to play Erling in, and that can only be on Pep.

No, it can be on the players.

I don't think for one minute Pep doesn't want them to play Erling in. Of course he wants them to be accurate with the passing and not give the ball away but the man is no fool. Pep knows you can't be successful with every pass / cross in the final third and he tries to get the players to be positioned to manage transitions to deal with that eventuality.

Whetehr Pep is emphasising enough to the players that they should take more risks, we don't know. Kev, who is our main creator, gives the ball away plenty trying things so I think the issue lies more with the players.

Also, teams are simply making it very difficult for City, they are often well organised, highly committed and defending in such numbers that it is really tough for our players to play people in.

City have a puzzle to solve and it's not an easy one. Part of me thinks we may need to do something radical and change several of our players in order to allow Pep to produce a new variant of his basic model of football, which I still believe is a good one and definitely one I favour.

He

he may have provided another assist but he is definitely not at the top of his game , same applies to Phil
On a bad day he provides an assist - not an easy one either - watch the move. So to me, the assist makes up for any passes that didn't reach their target.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.