United (A) | Post Match Thread

What rules are you referring to? Touching the ball is only one element. The most important factor is that he is materially involved in the play from an offside position and impacts multiple players on the opposing side, US, gaining an unfair advantage for his side. Case closed. You can keep repeating the same BS but it just means you are as wrong as the scumbags who allowed the goal to stand. You must be one of those obsessed rule follower types who can't fathom the idea that there are plenty of people in authority who fuck up the rules thru corruption and/or incompetence. The "rule" wasn't followed, we got fucked.
I agree he impacted on play and players decisions...said it all along.
You couldn't be more erong about rule follower. Lost 2 jobs because of openly challenging rules (one set illegal) in the past.
I agree those who set the rules have got them wrong...to vague. However the rules allow room for interpretation in this way.

I think it is because he thought Rashford hadn't touched it however, I am not convinced the ball didn't brush his foot after studying the replays. So how the fuck the linesman can be sure from his position!
What was clear was the fact he was 3 yards off chasing and then running with a ball passed to him after Akanji checked to catch him off side.

Joke of a decision and you know it is wrong when they go to these lengths to justify it. Even the evidence presented favours it being called off side!
Also compounded by being told to "leave it"
If he wasn't active why would he need the shout?
Akanji heard the shout but when asked afterwards both Fishfingers and Rat Face denied it whilst smirking to themselves.
Either Akanji is lying or they are and I know who I believe.

Gutted! But we only had ONE attempt on target in a high profile clash & therein lies the foundation of yesterday's gut-wrenching defeat.

As for "THAT GOAL", no one disagreed that Rashford was offside, but it was interpreted by the ref, his assistant & VAR that he "wasn't interfering with play, nor did he touch the ball, so the goal stood".

The same scenario with & without Rashford? I'll leave this right here. Make up your own minds...

View attachment 66063

We did have only one shot that hit the target, although at least one that was on target was blocked. Neither team had many goal attempts and our opponent does have some decent players and a clever manager. They were very well organised and played to stifle us and hit us on the break - despite being the home side.

It was a tight game that we were winning and would almost certainly have won but for an astonishing piece of refereeing.

Yesterday was not a game to be concerend about a lack of attempts on target. Doesn't mean we don't have issues in that department: we do, but we are also still the division's top scorers and I am more concerned that we are not keeping enough clean sheets.

I know you get inconsistencies with different refs giving fouls
But you can't have inconsistencies when applying the rules of the game
TAA was given offside and rightly so for making a movement towards the ball after being in a offside position
So what rule was that linesman applying ?
Probably the Howard Webb rule keep the Rags relevant

I have read them and listened to the opinions of others not on here. My opinion whether you like it or not is the same. Goal legit by the rules......rules wrong. IF you want to bring FACTS into it then IF you follow the rules I'm closer to facts than others. ( the rules as I previously stared leave room for interpretation as it doesn't exactly state what interference is and some of the wording suggests physical contact....
Again I believe the rules are wrong and unhelpful ar the least.
My opinion is that the goal SHOULD NOT have stood ( said so many times) but within the LOTG it is allowed
And you persist.

just watched MOTD, too pissed last night, and if i'm Haaland watching those clips highlighted by ian wright of the runs he made yesterday, i'm thinking do these want me here, he must be absolutely pissed off!
Exactly what I said they were fantastic runs clear in on goal
Also there centre backs are thinking is the next ball being played down the sides or over the top making them defend deeper which opens up vast space Infront of them for us to step into
I also do believe a lot of our players are out of form together missed passes etc

1 attempt om goal in 2 games
Yet in October we scored 6 against united.
The biggest issue is why has this has happened.
Its an alarming drop off
Is it time to put Alvarez and Haaland together and reconstruct the way we line up?

I have read them and listened to the opinions of others not on here. My opinion whether you like it or not is the same. Goal legit by the rules......rules wrong. IF you want to bring FACTS into it then IF you follow the rules I'm closer to facts than others. ( the rules as I previously stared leave room for interpretation as it doesn't exactly state what interference is and some of the wording suggests physical contact....
Again I believe the rules are wrong and unhelpful ar the least.
My opinion is that the goal SHOULD NOT have stood ( said so many times) but within the LOTG it is allowed
He’s back. Your opinion is allowed. Unlike anybody else’s opinion because they’re not facts. We know. Day fucking two of Simon decides what a fact is. Ffs.

Also compounded by being told to "leave it"
If he wasn't active why would he need the shout?
Akanji heard the shout but when asked afterwards both Fishfingers and Rat Face denied it whilst smirking to themselves.
Either Akanji is lying or they are and I know who I believe.
It did brush his foot, but it shouldn't come down to that - MR was interfering with play. Anyone old enough to remember Brian Clough saying 'If a player isn't interfering with play, he shouldn't be on the pitch'?

1 attempt om goal in 2 games
Yet in October we scored 6 against united.
The biggest issue is why has this has happened.
Its an alarming drop off
Is it time to put Alvarez and Haaland together and reconstruct the way we line up?
I think that's going to happen. Alvarez isn't just a World Cup winner - only Messi was more pivotal to that win - other than the GK. Once Alvarez gets in the team and plays to the level we've seen, he'll become undroppable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.