United (A) | Post Match Thread

Every single poster who called me a WUM oz wrong. My opinion might wind people up but I ain't doing it for that reason. ...
Ric asked me to stop but I disagree...what's the point of ANY forum I'd another opinion cannot be heard and just cause it upsets people that opinion gets shut down....
I also said I'm only answering people's posts so others have a responsibility to stop as well.( I'd people took the time to notice I went onto other topics but lots just jump on a bandwagon and have a go at people as they see others doing)
Been going in pubs for over 35 years....never one fight ( surprising when a lot of those pubs are in Stockport and were absolute shit holes!).
Nothing about being a know-it-all...just an opinion but nothing I've seen or heard has changed my mind...watched the goal over and over again. Listened to the likes of SWP and other pros who think it wasn't a goal...but I disagree when I then go back and read the rules..listened to others read the rules as well.
And that's where the problem lies. The rules are vague.. they allow the goal to stand within those rules due to their vaguity when everyone knows it shouldn't stand which I've repeatedly said but people are choosing to miss....which is why my argument is that the goal is legal by the rules but it shouldn't be. I'd expect to see a change in the rules come about from this
It’s so simple, Rashford is way offside running towards the ball and if the flag is raised the game stops, if it’s marginal the Lino (old school) doesn’t flag until the phase of play has ended, it was offside, game, set and match, one of the worst decisions I’ve seen in my lifetime and I’ve been watching football for around 55 years.

Don’t think it actually went to VAR, and the referee and linesman just decided it between themselves. You can clearly see the linesman’s arse go when Fernandes started screaming at him, and from that point it was always going to be given.

The goal shouldn’t have been given, but the way we folded after it was awarded was frankly embarrassing.
Fernandez one horrible cnt frothing at the mouth. WHY wasn't he booked? Likeca pack of cards thevlinonand ref folded..weak as piss im going to write to his children and let them know their father is weak..no im kidding of course but fuck me did they fold

The major fuck up here is the late flagging shit by the linesmen that has been introduced this season. If he'd flagged immediately none of this shit would've happened. Another annoyance which has made football worse, the games on it's arse I tell you
Well the flag went up early for Foden. Didn't even look offside.

I actually thought we played well, especially given recent concerns on the form of key players.

The 'shot on target' metric is an unfair criticism of the team. It was a tight game, with United making a change to their recent set up and playing two holding midfielders, simply mirroring their approach against Arsenal & Liverpool at home. Felt evident they would allow us to attack, let it breakdown and use Fernandes narrow to release Rashford or Martial. Or just try to counter sharply.

We managed to control this relatively well. The task was then to break them down, which we did with a well worked and patient goal.

Until the 'goal' - both teams have similar XG.

Beyond the offside nonsense, the following comes to mind from the season so far.

- We don't have a settled line up or system. Struggling to think of a time we've had any consistent back four, with Akanji & Ake the only real mainstays (both have covered numerous positions)
- Can't think of a time the fine margins have worked for us yet.
- For all the 'handbrake on' etc type remarks, we need to consider the opposition set up - so often we come up against the same tactic packaged slightly differently. Teams are waiting for us to make one slight error. I'm confident that if we did play in a riskier fashion, the end result would be similar. We've even forced Liverpool & United into this type of play at their own grounds, which make for incredibly tight games.
- Does our attack need reshaping for Haaland to thrive in the second half of the season

I feel better having seen a more 'City' performance yesterday, but still a few things to work on. Not sure Pep will cede looking to control matches, but do we look at using a second striker, using the 3-2 system from Leeds & Everton etc, or something new?

I remember after we had scored and we had them pinned in their own half the camera went on the pisscan, he looked mortified.
But then......
Was the showing of his old puffy map the "signal" for something to change in the game..
As you can see I'm still not over it and thought it through all night but still can't get my head around it

It’s so simple, Rashford is way offside running towards the ball and if the flag is raised the game stops, if it’s marginal the Lino (old school) doesn’t flag until the phase of play has ended, it was offside, game, set and match, one of the worst decisions I’ve seen in my lifetime and I’ve been watching football for around 55 years.
I agree with all of that. However the rules allow the ref to ignore everything that Rasford does because he does play the ball or attempt to play the ball which within the way the rules are written it allows the ref to say Rasforf wasn't interfering. I believe Rasforf was interfering in a number of ways....but the rules don't

Because you are wrong - and that's fact, not opinion- so don't start banging on about the "point of ANY forum"
Right or wrong in this instance is about opinion. The point of a forum ( or at least one point of it ) is to debate opinion.
Ignore it as you are free to do

How does akanji not get the ball if rashford is not there. He’s 100 interfering with the action and also the decision making if Ederson.

If when the ball was played through and rashford knowing he is offside stops and the ball carries on and fernandes collects the ball and scores then yeah fair fucks.

But. That is not what happened he ran after the ball and shielded it before fernandes can get involved and the only way he can get involved is because rashford has interfered with the play.

Are we now saying we can just stick a forward right up top and play over the top every time for the forward to shield before someone else gets involved to score.
No, we can’t. They can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.