United (A) | Post Match Thread

To bastardize a quote from Steve Redgrave, if I ever return to the swamp, you've got my permission to shoot me.

God knows why, but it's deemed perfectly acceptable for the away end to be empty for the last few minutes of the ETIHAD derby, yet City fans treated like cattle, and not even allowed to go for a piss, when the boot"s on the other foot.

Then, after 30 minutes of pent-up frustration we're confronted by a hostile bottleneck of social misfits, all goading for a reaction, but all complaining when the challenge is accepted, and "F*** Off you Munich C***s" is hurled in their direction.

I despise the club, the kit, the ""Barnsley reds" (go and support Barnsley you f***** cowards), the confrontational arrogance, and above all, I despise the mythology.

Google Manchester Central FC and you might learn something.

I also despise the FA for insisting that City hold a minutes silence for the drink driving thug who broke Glyn Pardoe's leg, (thus making me miss the kick-off as there wasn't a cat -in-hells chance of me being in the stadium for that farce)

So that's it
Finito!

8 Wins, 9 draws, 11 defeats, 2 Testimonials, 1 England International, and 5 miscellaneous appearances in the 1980s supporting Everton, Sheffield United West Ham, Birmingham, and Arsenal.
They can shove their nursery rhymes up their arse.
37 premier League games for me next season.

I feel your pain - brilliant post.

Just walked the dog near my house.
City hat on.
Some armchair rag bastard walked past with a stupid grin om his face.
He was just about to say something.
"Don't bother you armchair rag ****.
You open your mouth and I'll put my fist straight through ur face.
Now fuck off "
Should have let the dog bite the cnut, sadly you know my thoughts on unruly dogs and their owners.

May as we’ll lose it trying to play Haaland in rather than losing it on another sideways pass in midfield
Yep, just talking to my son and saying it’s not like we play particularly exciting football at the moment, so fuck all to lose by trying to be a bit more adventurous. Bored of 70/75% possession when it’s back and forth.

We did have only one shot that hit the target, although at least one that was on target was blocked. Neither team had many goal attempts and our opponent does have some decent players and a clever manager. They were very well organised and played to stifle us and hit us on the break - despite being the home side.

It was a tight game that we were winning and would almost certainly have won but for an astonishing piece of refereeing.

Yesterday was not a game to be concerend about a lack of attempts on target. Doesn't mean we don't have issues in that department: we do, but we are also still the division's top scorers and I am more concerned that we are not keeping enough clean sheets.
I agree and I would also point out that the possession stats show the success of our attempts to stifle United. The clever riposte is that there is only one stat which matters, but I would point out that it looked far more likely that City would increase our lead than that the rags would equalise when Attwell decided to play by his own personal rules. Lies, damned lies and statistics! That match turned on a disgraceful piece of refereeing.

No, it can be on the players.

I don't think for one minute Pep doesn't want them to play Erling in. Of course he wants them to be accurate with the passing and not give the ball away but the man is no fool. Pep knows you can't be successful with every pass / cross in the final third and he tries to get the players to be positioned to manage transitions to deal with that eventuality.

Whetehr Pep is emphasising enough to the players that they should take more risks, we don't know. Kev, who is our main creator, gives the ball away plenty trying things so I think the issue lies more with the players.

Also, teams are simply making it very difficult for City, they are often well organised, highly committed and defending in such numbers that it is really tough for our players to play people in.

City have a puzzle to solve and it's not an easy one. Part of me thinks we may need to do something radical and change several of our players in order to allow Pep to produce a new variant of his basic model of football, which I still believe is a good one and definitely one I favour.
All about opinions, I don’t agree with yours which is my prerogative, I think our football is on the whole as boring as fuck.

Nope that goal scored today by ratface will never ever be seen again it be offside
The very fact that our defence deliberately played Rashford offside, means he interfered in everything that went on after that. Firstly, it put us yards behind him and unable to make a challenge on him and secondly, out of position to challenge Ratface. It was just wrong on all counts.

We did have only one shot that hit the target, although at least one that was on target was blocked. Neither team had many goal attempts and our opponent does have some decent players and a clever manager. They were very well organised and played to stifle us and hit us on the break - despite being the home side.

It was a tight game that we were winning and would almost certainly have won but for an astonishing piece of refereeing.

Yesterday was not a game to be concerend about a lack of attempts on target. Doesn't mean we don't have issues in that department: we do, but we are also still the division's top scorers and I am more concerned that we are not keeping enough clean sheets.
Conceding is part of the game. I've few complaints with our defending & believe credit is due to ManUre for being so well organised & causing us grief on the counter.

Normally Pep likes us to have a go & splatter the Rags instead of treating games between us as title defining encounters. This match was very different to Pep's usual approach to them. As well as it being a derby match, the points were equally important to both teams & this showed in the controlled approaches.

If this goal didn't prove to be match defining, we'd probably be a bit pissed & mention it, but that'd be it. Ultimately they scored more than us & that was our undoing. It's that simple. Our lack of away goals is concerning, as is the our recent inability to raise our performance levels to beyond that of dogged opposition as used to do.

I just get an uneasy sense something's not quite right with our squad at the moment. If we'd have done our job as we know we can, we'd have taken care of, & covered the possibility of a shit refereeing decision being crucial to the outcome.

We didn't & a refereeing anomaly bit us on the arse. If our performance was top notch & that goal cost us, I'd be livid, but my mind is more focused on our performance level & inability to raise our game when desperately needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.