United (A) | Post Match Thread

We’re nowhere near good enough, bent offside decision or not.

The game summed up our season. Passing it for the sake of it, no aggression or intent, shocking defending, piss poor game management and another failure to make substitutions when we needed to do it. One thing goes against us and we collapse.

Certain players continue to live off past achievements. Bernado was utterly wank, again, and he needs shipping out this month if there’s a bid for him. KDB looks unfit again and if it wasn’t for Rodri we’d struggle to get into the top six.

Guardiola needs to sort it out, drop the worst offenders and pick a consistent team before he can rebuild in the summer. And he also needs to stop fucking about with tactics and playing people out of position. We’ve come to the end of a cycle with the current group of players, but he’s having a very poor season and it needs to change.

Bernardo been amazing since we signed him, has dip in form for few months while also entire squad and system has been wank and you think we should sell him ?

Okey dokey

Here is the link to law 11

Its a down to the interpritation of whether Rasford tried to play the ball or not(highlighted bit)

2. Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
    • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • challenging an opponent for the ball or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Did he clearly try to play the ball?

As for the rest of the game we were again poor. In the first half we couldnt make simple passes and we are just toothless and are lacking creativity

The HUGE elephant in the room is KDB......he has been shocking recently both in terms of performance and attitude....yes he got an assist today but other than that he was awful; constantly giving the ball away, making NO effort to track back at times. He is ether unfit, unmotivated or he is past it... he needs to be dropped.

Haaland must wonder what is going on...literlally no service...

The rest of the creative side of the game has gone to...Bernardo too deep to affect anything. Mahrez and Foden both completely inaffective in terms of creativity (and as a huge Mahrez critic I thought the rest of his game was good today).
Grealish - got the goal but again did nothing beyond that except wind up opponents.

Akanji.- kept getting caught out of position.

Walker played ok for big parts BUT again out of position

Cancello - isnt a defender

Ake - at least he ties but quality with the ball at his feet isnt good enough
Read on in the rules:

"Interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball, this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball"

He was shielding the ball thus impacting the ability of Akanji to play it.

Fucking cheats!

Sat back after the goal instead of going in for the kill. One shot on target all game. Fell apart after a disgraceful decision went against us. Rodri great the rest below par….. I said it weeks ago we are fighting for top 4 now not the title. No doubt the happy clappers with abuse me.

Shielding it from who? There was no one near him!
He never stopped running towards the ball, Fernandes would've never got there if Rashford had stopped because the defence would've got there first, they were all influenced by Rashford's movement including Ederson, how is that not interfering ?

How Marcus Rashford isn't deemed to be heavily involved with that equaliser I don't know. Embarrassing decision from the officials.

However, we shown again how vulnerable we can be once we've conceded. I feel like I did after Real Madrid last season. Cunts
Rule should be that if you're offside and within 2 yards of the ball in the same phase then it's offside - obviously it affected our players' decision making as they all slowed down thereby allowing Fernandes to zoom onto it to shoot and score.

My question is why has so much changed? The Brentford match has been a turning point for us.

If rashford isnt there chasing it, ederson, akanji and ake all can play that ball. How is that not interfering?

Exactly. The law indeed states that a player doesn't have to touch the ball, just influence play, and then gives a couple of examples

You simply cannot make a case that Rashford wasn't influencing play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.