United (A) - Sat 14th Jan, 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
also isnt there record against us at the swamp recently really bad. isnt it like 2 losses in the league since 2011/2012 season. i know weve draw odd game and lost in cup but sure our league record is pretty decent there recently
2011/12 - 6-1 (W)
2012/13 - 2-1 (W)
2013/14 - 3-0 (W)
2014/15 - 2-4 (L)
2015/16 - 0-0 (D)
2016/17 - 2-1 (W)
2017/18 - 2-1 (W)
2018/19 - 2-0 (W)
2019/20 - 0-2 (L)
2020/21 - 0-0 (D)
2021/22 - 2-0 (W)

Listen mate I'm a City fan first and foremost I don't worship at the altar of the God Pep as you appear to do. I've seen manager's and players come and go, from the great Joe Mercer to the other end of the scale, Alan Ball, Frank Clark etcetera. I'm also not interested what he did prior to managing my club or what he does when he leaves, I'm only interested in what he does while he's here.

Do I admire him as a man and manager? 100%. Do I think he's one of the best manager's in the world and that my club has ever had? Absolutely. He's also just a man and he makes mistakes.

There's no arrogance on my part. I'm a football fan expressing an opinion like millions of football fans around the world do. That's what we do and why forums like this exist. If I think Pep has fucked up I'll say so and no amount of indignation from a Pep fanboy will stop me doing that. You don't have to be a world class manager to watch a game and clearly see the tactics and selection aren't working. It's right there in front of your eyes. Many of us could see it prior to the champions League final with the team selected and sadly we were proved correct.

You might as well save your fingers replying I think we're done on the subject. Hopefully Pep sorts out the current malaise effecting the team and we win another treble, including the champions league, here's hoping.
I agree with all this even now when I see City fans refer to the champions league final, I still have these moments of annoyance at Pep‘s overthinking that cost us that game. I bloody hope he doesn’t mess around tomorrow and play players out of positions again, I don’t think my BP would take it.

I’m devastated that John Stones won’t be available tomorrow but we’ll still do it. We’ll show ‘em.

Get well soon JB.

Stones and Dias was a rock solid partnership. I miss it terribly. If they were both fit and in form I would have no hesitation in saying that they wouldn't get past us tomorrow. As it is, I just don't know.

Hopefully gundo is on the bench for this one.. he’s been dreadful all year. Bernardo in the midfield with Kevin and Rodri will suffice. Foden, Haaland, Mahrez seems all but inevitable.
Gundogan hasn’t been dreadful all year. He’s just been inconsistent.

Like a number of others, he started the season really well: West Ham, Bournemouth, Palace he came on for the last half hour and was one of the reasons the game changed in our favour, Newcastle was one of our only good players and Forest he was class… then his form dipped for a while, and he’s been like almost everyone else and been up and down with the World Cup ruining the season.

Stones and Dias was a rock solid partnership. I miss it terribly. If they were both fit and in form I would have no hesitation in saying that they wouldn't get past us tomorrow. As it is, I just don't know.
I think this is our main problem.

Any combination of Stones+Dias Stones+Laporte and Dias+Laporte is when we’re at our best as a team.

Ake has been good on the whole but he doesn’t offer enough when passing forward, Akanji holds onto the ball too long, Walker isn’t a centre back… our playing out from the back isn’t good enough.

Injuries have fucked us at the back this season and the whole basis for our play is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.