United (A) - Sat 14th Jan, 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
17/24; 5 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat, Newcastle now looks a belting draw so Villa aside, a cracking return and more than acceptable

The 5 pts dropped at home to Brentford and Everton makes the tally look below our usual standard, as a win tomorrow (which I think we’ll gain) makes the mean average approaching the half way mark, no different to the previous 4/5 seasons; too much emphasis on isolated performances; which reality says hasn’t impacted the way it’s been reported… we are nicely placed, which granted could be distorted with the upcoming games; however, when have we seen us fail to react accordingly? We are so spoilt at out our high standards that a mere 5 pts is causing panic;

3-1 tomorrow and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a masterclass, reinforced by a Haaland hammer show!
But when have we ever chased down 5 points or more. :-)

I think Rico Lewis plays left back tomorrow. Pep trusts him and would allow him to play inverted. Not a chance Walker doesn’t start.

Ederson; Walker Akanji Laporte Lewis; Rodri Bernie; Mahrez KDB Foden, Haaland

please pep, don't use a frankenstien formation!

—-——-Haaland——Alvarez————
———————————————————
————Foden—Bernardo———
Cancelo——Gundogan—————-KDB
——-—Laporte—-Rodri—-Lewis
———-Walker (runny keeper)—————

Bit nervous about tomorrow but I had to do some filming today for Scandinavian TV at Hotel Football explaining the history of the derby (it’ll be shown before the game in Norway for any Blues based over there) and it got me buzzing a bit. I heard a few Reds milling around OT talking as if they were going to walk it and it reminded me of those days like the 5-1, the FAC semi and so when they seemed to think it’d be an easy win. I’m still a bit nervous (as I guess we should be on derby day) but I’ve also had a read of some of the 55 separate articles all tagged Manchester Derby on my website to get me in the mood. If you want to look back at past derbies take a look at the stuff here:

Cmon City! You know we can do it!
In the past I wrote this piece on bragging rights, firsts etc. Well worth reading if you want ammunition to fire at them. It’s free to read: https://gjfootballarchive.com/2022/09/27/the-pride-of-manchester/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.