United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the Nacho thing is a strange one.....

I'm sure we're all agreed he is a top player, but in this game, i'd much rather something like KDB, Nolito & Sterling rotating around up top, pulling them out of position and confusing the shit out of them.

Hoping PEP changes tactics multiple times during the game, they won't have a clue what to do, apart from lump long balls.

Wouldn't surprise me if Jose had instructed the groundsmen to 'rough' the pitch up a bit, they certainly won't need a nice surface...

Strange games these. I dread them almost as much as I look forward to them. Apart from the obvious reasons, there's so many more add ons to either victory or defeat. The fact that I end up falling out with people I've been friends with for years. The two extremes of Martin Tyler, suicidal at the sight of City scoring, orgasmic at the rags scoring. The comparison of managers before the game and either ignoring it afterwards or crowing about it.
This year has more ingredients than ever.

Please not Nacho.

I like him as an impact player but the more I do watch more of his game time, the less I am inclined to feel he is as ruthless as I initially thought?

While I would give you he may lack in big game experience. He has a goal record of 1 goal every 92 minutes. Phenomenal for a 19 year old

Hate to say that PEG knows how to win games, it's not pretty but he will get plenty behind the ball break up play and whinge and moan every decision. Get at the ref and play for fouls and set pieces, this is where they are a big danger with so much aerial threat, not pretty but effective. Let's hope we can take the chances we create and if the game opens up our better ability will embarrass the .....

Agreed

Think we also need more height and that may see Sane start instead

Sane might be better out wide and Sterling played down the middle.

For me, it's pretty clear Mourinho will revert to type and defend the line of the 18-yard area.

There would be very little space in behind for someone as rapid as Sane.

Makes a bit more sense to keep the width, with Nolito on the opposite side, with Sterling's size and own speed a little easier to slip him in down the sides of Blind and Bailly.

The whole beauty of this thread and debate... we can't call it ourselves, so Mourinho has a real clusterfuck, because he can only play two ways and works by repetition towards it, throughout the week - he's a drill sergeant and can only react to what he will see on our team-sheet with an hour to go.

Throw in the possibility of debuts for Sane and Gundogan, we have plenty of fear factor of our own.

Last edited:
Sane might be better out wide and Sterling played down the middle.

For me, it's pretty clear Mourinho will revert to type and defender the line of the 18-yard area.

There would be very little space in behind for someone as rapid as Sane.

Makes a more sense to keep the width, with Nolito on the opposite side, with Sterling's size and own speed a little easier to slip him in down the sides of Blind and Bailly.

The whole beauty of this thread and debate... we can't call it ourselves, so Mourinho has a real clusterfuck, because he can only play two ways and works by repetition towards it, throughout the weel - he's a drill sergeant and can only react to what he will see on our team-sheet with an hour to go.

Throw in the possibility of debuts for Sane and Gundogan, we have plenty of fear factor of our own.

Your right none of us have a clue

Exciting times

Always nervous ahead of derbies and no different this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.